From Team Fortress Wiki
Blasting out rapid pulses of high amplitude, cross spectrum radiation has never been so convenient!
— Pomson 6000 publicity blurb
The Pomson 6000 is a primary weapon for the Engineer. It is a retro-futuristic ray gun with many team-colored portions.
The weapon fires an unreflectable projectile beam that consumes no ammunition. Though this weapon does not use the traditional ammunition reserve used for most weapons, it still must be reloaded. This is done by pumping a slide on the right side of the weapon. Shots from the Pomson 6000 can interfere with the signature abilities of Medics and Spies; if struck, a Medic will lose 10% of his ÜberCharge, while a Spy will lose 20% of his Cloak (Cloak is drained after damage is dealt, so Dead Ringer Spies can still feign death to a Pomson shot). In addition, the shot can also light Huntsman arrows on fire. Although not listed in its stats, the Pomson 6000 suffers an 80% damage penalty to Engineer Buildings.
Enemies killed by the Pomson 6000 suffer a distinctive death by vaporization: they turn black, hover in mid-air while performing a specific disintegration animation surrounded by team-colored particles, and then disappear into ashes.
The Pomson 6000 was later contributed to the Steam Workshop, at Valve's request.
Damage and function times
|Damage and function times
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.
As a crafting ingredient
|| Texas Two-Step|
Use your shotgun to finish off an enemy recently damaged by your sentry gun.
December 15, 2011 Patch (Australian Christmas 2011)
- The Pomson 6000 was added to the game.
December 21, 2011 Patch
- Added draw/recoil/reload/crit forces for the Pomson 6000.
January 11, 2012 Patch
- Added crafting blueprint for the Pomson 6000.
February 16, 2012 Patch
- Fixed a broken Engineer animation for the Pomson 6000.
August 15, 2012 Patch
- Removed player penetration from the Pomson 6000 and boosted the damage to compensate.
- The shots fired by the weapon are fired slightly below the reticule.
- Rarely, after a moment of not firing, the Engineer will automatically reload the weapon's clip, regardless of the player's auto-reload setting.
- The world view reload animation will not appear to other players.
- All sound effects accompanying this weapon play alongside their corresponding Shotgun sound effect.
- The appearance of this weapon is based on that of 'The Pomson 6000 Sub Atomic Wave Gun', which can be purchased from the online store at Weta Workshop.