Here at Mann Co., we take care of our mercs. After you’ve completed your first mission, you will get, free of charge, one Mann Co.-brand canteen. It's equippable in your action slot and filled to the damn brim with life-giving air. If air’s not your thing, these canteens can also be filled with a variety of power-ups at an Upgrade Station.
The Canteen is an action slot item used in the Mann vs. Machine game mode. The Canteen is received by completing your first Mann vs. Machine mission, and once filled at an Upgrade Station it is valid for up to three uses. Using the Canteen will alert your entire team via a sound cue as well as a message in the chat box.
The Power Up Canteen also doubles as a cosmetic item, showing up on your class model on the belt.
As a Medic, applying the 'Canteen Specialist' upgrade for your Medi Gun once will apply the Power-Up effects of your Canteen to whom you are currently healing. In addition, the Power-Ups will also have an increased duration of one seconds and reduced cost of 10 credits for every point invested in the upgrade. This will not work if the Canteen is activated while the Medi Gun is not healing an ally.
There are currently 5 buff types. You can only fill one canteen with the same buff, each with up to 3 uses. After being filled, the canteen changes its appearance, though they all glow.
|| Supplies 5 seconds of ÜberCharge to user and their Sentry Gun.
|| Critical Hit Boost
|| Full critical hits for 5 seconds. Doubles firing rate of user's Sentry Gun for 5 seconds.
|| Ammo/Clip Refill
|| Instant ammo and magazine refill. Also refills Metal and Sapper; does not refill Sentry Gun ammo or Cloak.
|| Return to Base
|| Immediately returns user to the respawn room and supplies a temporary speed boost. Cannot be shared by Medics.
|| Buildings Upgrade
|| Upgrades user's buildings to Level 3 and fully repairs all existing buildings almost instantly. Only available to Engineers.
|| Ghost in the Machine|
Use a canteen charged with 'Teleport to Spawn' and then kill the bomb carrier within 5 seconds.
During a wave, use a canteen charged with 'Instant Building Upgrade' to build a new sentry gun within 3 seconds of your previous sentry gun's destruction.
|| Vial Sharing|
As a Medic, share your canteen 5 times in a single wave.
|| Shell Extension|
During a wave, use a canteen charged with 'Ammo Reload' to refill an empty weapon slot.
August 15, 2012 Patch (Mann vs. Machine Update)
- [Undocumented] Added Power Up Canteen to the game.
April 3, 2013 Patch
- Fixed a bug in Mann Vs. Machine related to carrying buildings and using the "Upgrade Buildings" canteen.
November 6, 2013 Patch
- [Undocumented] Fixed the bug that made the Battery Canteens and Power Up Canteen unusable.
- The Buildings Upgrade Canteen has three bugs pertaining to carrying buildings and activating the canteen:
- Whilst carrying a Sentry Gun and activating the Buildings Upgrade Canteen, the Engineer will appear to have a Level 3 Sentry in front of him. When he places it, it will take damage, and be placed as a Level 1 Sentry Gun.
- Whilst carrying a Dispenser and activating the Buildings Upgrade Canteen, the Engineer will appear to have a Level 3 Dispenser in front of him. However, the Ammo screen will be blank. When he places it, it will take damage, however, it will remain at Level 3.
- Whilst carrying a Teleporter and activating the Buildings Upgrade Canteen, rings of light from an active Teleporter will be left where he was standing. When he places it, it will take damage, and the rings of light will disappear. Like the Dispenser, it will remain at Level 3.