The Primeval Warrior is a Miscellaneous medal awarded by Valve to the Team Fortress 2 community as part of their 119th Update Celebration. It is a platinum, rectangular medal worn on the player's chest with an emblem related to the class wearing it, similar to the Gentle Manne's Service Medal. The Primeval Warrior was awarded to those who first played Team Fortress 2 from 00:00 September 17, 2007 (UTC) to 23:59 October 9, 2007 (UTC), the pre-game release beta-testing phase.
- The Primeval Warrior was added to the game.
- Grizzled Veteran badges from before October 10th, 2007 were changed to Primeval Warrior badges.
- Badge hire dates now display the time in GMT.
- [Undocumented] Added a community-contributed description for this miscellaneous item.
- Name Tags can now be used on this medal.
- The item description was written by NB820 for the Hat Describing Contest.
- Originally, players who participated in the beta did not get any medal when the medals went live, due to Valve forgetting to factor the pre-release beta into their distribution algorithm, although this was quickly corrected and these players got the Grizzled Veteran. When the Primeval Warrior was added, in the May 5, 2010 Patch, the original medals of those eligible were changed to reflect this.
- The date on Robin Walker's Primeval Warrior is dated August 23, 1998. This is the 2nd birthday of the original Team Fortress mod for Quake, and not Robin's hire date as previously speculated. The date is shown as 1 day prior to the correct birthday due to GMT to CDT conversion. Interestingly enough, while this is not Robin's date of hire at Valve, it is one day short of 2 years from it.
The Scout's Primeval Warrior medal.
The Soldier's Primeval Warrior medal.
The Pyro's Primeval Warrior medal.
The Demoman's Primeval Warrior medal.
The Heavy's Primeval Warrior medal.
The Engineer's Primeval Warrior medal.
The Medic's Primeval Warrior medal.
The Sniper's Primeval Warrior medal.
The Spy's Primeval Warrior medal.