|“You prancin' show ponies!”
This page would benefit from the addition of one or more videos.
Please add a suitable video, then remove this notice. The specific instructions are: "Something more official, or simply remove these."
|Damage Done:||140 (point blank)|
|Found On:||Harvest Event, Mann Manor, Eyeaduct, Ghost Fort|
Pumpkin bombs are an environmental hazard unique to the event versions of Harvest, Mann Manor, Eyeaduct, and Ghost Fort. They spawn in set positions on each map and will explode when damaged, causing high damage over a moderate radius. After a short amount of time, they will respawn ready to be blown apart again. An event map can have as many as eight pumpkin bombs at the same time, and they appear at different random spawn positions.
A player can perform a Pumpkin jump by standing near a Pumpkin bomb and jumping as it explodes. This will launch the player up into the air in a similar fashion to a rocket jump. While this carries the player an impressive distance, it is a highly damaging technique and often instantly kills weaker classes.
Using this technique with certain classes (such as the Scout) is difficult due to the low amount of health that those classes have when not buffed by a Medic. If a player is not killed by the blast itself, they will most likely die from the fall damage inflicted upon landing.
Exploding a pumpkin
Most bullets, melee attacks and projectiles may be used to explode a pumpkin (including undetonated stickybombs, baseballs, thrown Jarate, and Mad Milk), destroying the projectile used to detonate the Pumpkin bomb.
- See the projectile article for a full list.
| Attack o' Lantern|
Cause the deaths of 5 players by exploding nearby pumpkin bombs.
- Fixed being able to attack teammates using pumpkin bombs and arrows fired by the Huntsman or the Crusader's Crossbow.
- [Undocumented] The Rocket Jumper and the Sticky Jumper no longer prevent self-damage from pumpkin bombs.
- Fixed a problem with precaching pumpkin_bomb entities.
- Standing in a Pumpkin bomb's location when it spawns locks the player in place. Under normal play conditions, when a player is locked in such a manner, detonation of the pumpkin or dying is the only way to escape.
- A pumpkin bomb death caused by MONOCULUS or Merasmus will appear to be suicide.
- The Chargin' Targe and Splendid Screen will only reduce damage from pumpkins if it was the opposing team who detonated them.
- Boosted damage from mini-crits will only apply if the pumpkins are detonated by a player of the team opposite to the one of the player who is taking damage from mini-crits.
- The grenade version of the beta Demoman weapon, the Dynamite Pack, appears to be similar to the ones attached to the pumpkins.