Robot Chicken Hat
The Robot Chicken Hat is a promotional cosmetic item for all classes, based on the titular chicken of the Adult Swim television program Robot Chicken. The hat is a partial metal lid that covers the upper right half of the head, with team-colored spikes on top which jiggle, representing a comb, and one eye with a colored light for a pupil, connected to the hat via a pair of team-colored and yellow wires. An orange beak is placed at the very front of the hat, next to the eye.
The Robot Chicken Hat was originally redeemed through a promotional code, unique to each player, that was received through signing up for the free Adult Swim newsletter, e-mailed to participants who signed up before June 27, 2012. The e-mail was sent to players on June 28, containing a picture of the Pyro wearing the hat in a chicken pose, a thank-you note about signing up for the newsletter, the code required to redeem the hat, and a link to the Meet the Pyro video. Players who did not sign up for the newsletter still had a chance to receive the code by signing up before July 4, 2012, and received the e-mail on July 5. It was later added to the Mann Co. Store during the Mecha Update.
This item was awarded in Genuine quality to players who redeemed their code.
The Robot Chicken Hat has two unique styles, aptly named "Normal", which is the regular style retaining the hat's beak, and "Beakless", which removes the beak, and make the comb slightly taller.
- The Robot Chicken Hat was added to the game
- Fixed the second style for the Robot Chicken Hat
- Fixed not seeing the blue team skin for the Robot Chicken Hat.
- [Undocumented] Added Robot Chicken Hat to the Mann Co. Store
- [Undocumented] Allowed the Robot Chicken Hat to be traded and gift wrapped.
- The description is both a reference to the classic "Why did the chicken cross the road?" joke and the intro to the show Robot Chicken prior to its sixth season.
- Team Fortress 2 was later referenced in the Robot Chicken episode "Choked on Multi-Colored Scarves", which features a sketch in which Robot Chicken's Nerd character is depicted as a class.