major content update for Team Fortress 2, released during the May 17, 2013 Patch. It was the first ever community-created update, with 57 different community-created cosmetics being added into the game. The 57 cosmetics added are robotic versions of ordinary TF2 cosmetics, spanning all classes. Along with this, 10 new robot-related Unusual effects, 4 new action items - the Battery Canteens, Pallet of Crates, Random RoboKey Gift and Pile of RoboKey Gifts - and one tool - the RoboCrate Key - were added to the game.is a
|Pallet of Crates|
|A Random Robo Community Crate Key Gift|
|Pile of Robo Community Crate Key Gifts|
|Robo Community Crate Key|
This is the video that was released by MrPopulus89 on 17 May on YouTube and the TF2 website.
This is the earlier version of the video which was released 1 February with a few minor changes in the video.
|[A crowbar pries open a crate.]
[A Scout Robot is seen.]
[It then shows a Football Helmet in the crate. ]
[The Scout Robot picks the Football Helmet up, and rotates his head around.]
[The Scout Robot turns, rotates his head back around, and begins to run.]
[The Scout Robot then approaches a circular mechanism in the center surrounded by piles of crates with four wires leading to it.]
[The robot places the helmet on the pad, and covers his face]
[The machine starts scanning the helmet. Then on the monitor it shows a blue thumbs up and slams a tube over it]
[It begins to play an edited version of ROBOTS! (Soundtrack)]
[Follows the tube which leads to four long conveyor belts with machines on either side of each of them]
[Then we see the Gridiron Guardian being created by the mechanical arms]
[The Gridiron Guardian then falls off the conveyor belt and lands on a Heavy]
Heavy: "YES!" [nods]
[A sign saying Team Fortress 2 then hits the Heavy in the face then the words Robotic Boogaloo hits him over]
Comparisons and Differences
- Both videos have large piles of hats, however the older version has more Ghastly Gibuses than anything else.
- More crates are seen in the older version.
- The newer version has three conveyors rather than one.
- The machine that scans the Football Helmet is more detailed in the newer version and has a blue thumbs up unlike the old green OK.
- In the older version, the Scout Robot uses a forked crowbar while in the newer version, it doesn't.
- The Football Helmet is seen in the crate in the new version, unlike the old version which shows it after the camera angle changes.
- More lighting effects and hay detail are in the new version.
- The newer version has more detail on the Football Helmet when robotizing it.
- In the newer version, The Gridiron Guardian falls straight onto the Heavy's head instead of panning down to see the Heavy then having The Gridiron Guardian fall down.
- In the older version, the "Team Fortress 2" logo hits the Heavy in the head twice instead of once before having "Robotic Boogaloo" appear.