major content update for Team Fortress 2, released during the May 17, 2013 Patch. It was the first ever community-created update, with 57 different community-created cosmetics being added into the game. The 39 hats and 18 miscellaneous items are robotic versions of ordinary TF2 hats and miscs, spanning all classes. Along with this, 10 new robot-related Unusual effects, 4 new action items - the Battery Canteens, Pallet of Crates, Random RoboKey Gift and Pile of RoboKey Gifts - and one tool - the RoboCrate Key - were added to the game.is a
|Pallet of Crates|
|A Random RoboKey Gift|
|Pile of RoboKey Gifts|
This is the video that was released by MrPopulus89 on 17 May on YouTube and the TF2 website.
This is the earlier version of the video which was released 1 February with a few minor changes in the video.
|[A crowbar pries open a crate.]
[A Scout Robot is seen.]
[It then shows a Football Helmet in the crate. ]
[The Scout Robot picks the Football Helmet up, and rotates his head around.]
[The Scout Robot turns, rotates his head back around, and begins to run.]
[The Scout Robot then approaches a circular mechanism in the center surrounded by piles of crates with four wires leading to it.]
[The robot places the helmet on the pad, and covers his face]
[The machine starts scanning the helmet. Then on the monitor it shows a blue thumbs up and slams a tube over it]
[It begins to play an edited version of ROBOTS! (Soundtrack)]
[Follows the tube which leads to four long conveyor belts with machines on either side of each of them]
[Then we see the Gridiron Guardian being created by the mechanical arms]
[The Gridiron Guardian then falls off the conveyor belt and lands on a Heavy]
Heavy: "YES!" [nods]
[A sign saying Team Fortress 2 then hits the Heavy in the face then the words Robotic Boogaloo hits him over]
Comparisons and Differences
- Both videos have large piles of hats, however the older version has more Ghastly Gibuses than anything else.
- More crates are seen in the older version.
- The newer version has three conveyors rather than one.
- The machine that scans the Football Helmet is more detailed in the newer version and has a blue thumbs up unlike the old green OK.
- In the older version, the Scout Robot uses a forked crowbar while in the newer version, it doesn't.
- The Football Helmet is seen in the crate in the new version, unlike the old version which shows it after the camera angle changes.
- More lighting effects and hay detail are in the new version.
- The newer version has more detail on the Football Helmet when robotizing it.
- On the Battlefield page, there are three Mecha-Engineers who are named after famous cowboys:
- The Proto-spector is named after a 1920 Western short film called The Prospector's Vengeance.
- Dell "Snake-in-my-boot-disk" Computagher is named after Dell Conagher, and his nickname is a reference to Sheriff Woody from the 1995 animated movie Toy Story. Dell is also the name of an electronics company.
- The Syntax Kid is named after Harry Longabaugh, better known as "The Sundance Kid", an outlaw who thrived in the American Old West.