Sawmill (King of the Hill)
From Team Fortress Wiki
|Sawmill (King of the Hill)|
|Map Type:||King of the Hill|
|File name:|| |
|Health Kits:||×2 • ×4|
|Ammo Boxes:||×2 • ×2 • ×2|
Sawmill is a King of the Hill map, a modified version of Sawmill (Arena). It was released with the Classless Update, in conjunction with its Capture the Flag variant as an official map. Sawmill (King of the Hill) has an almost identical layout to its Arena variant.
The goal is to capture the control point and seize it for a duration of 3 minutes, while stopping the other team from doing the same.
- Waterfall: Located on the right hand side of RED's spawn area, a titular waterfall flows down from a gray cliff into the center of a large pool. Logs form a floating path across the pool, although the water itself is not too deep. A mini health kit can be found in the center of the logs. There is also an obvious 'hidden' path that goes behind the waterfall that can be used in case of watchful enemy eyes.
- The Cave - A cavern makes a wide loop around one side of the map behind the waterfall, and can be defended at either end.
- Log Shed: On the right hand side of BLU's spawn area is a wide shed, full of timber, standing over a flooded ditch. Another mini health kit sits on a pile of planks within the shed.
- Center Shed: The center of the map is dominated by a large shed that houses multiple entries for either team. Within the center of the shed is the map's control point. Two large, circular Head Saws move linear to the control point, generate large amounts of noise, and serve as deadly obstacles to players as they attempt to capture the point. Logs are suspended above the area.
- Rooftops - Outside each spawn room are walkways which lead to the roof of the building directly across from them. Another wooden plank connects these rooftops to the Alcoves inside The Mill.
- The Alcoves - On either side of the control point, perpendicular to the sides dominated by the blades, are two windowed ledges, with stairs leading down to the ground floor. These small 'rooms' can be defended by a determined Engineer, if he sets up a Sentry nest early.
Control Point Timing
- KOTH_sawmill was added to the game.
- Fixed Engineer exploit.
- The Classless Update: Day 2 - King of the Hill game mode, Viaduct, Nucleus (King of the Hill) and Sawmill (King of the Hill) maps.