For over a thousand years, this high quality scimitar has been held by the greatest sultans and the mightiest caliphs. It has been used to topple empires, conquer continents and cause untold havoc all over the world.
— Polycount pack description
The Shahanshah (/ˈʃɑːhɑːnʃɑː/ shah-han-shah) is a community-created melee weapon for the Sniper. It is a scimitar with a leather hilt that is reinforced by dull golden bindings and a gold hand guard.
This weapons functions to reward players at the cost of risk. When the player's health is equal to or above 50% of the maximum, the Shahanshah will deal 25% less damage than the Kukri. However, should the player have less than 50% of their max health, the weapon will deal 25% more damage.
The item was previously tested in the Team Fortress 2 Beta as the Beta Sniper Club 1.
Damage and function times
|Damage and function times
|Ranged or Melee damage?
||48.75 / 81
||41-56 / 69-93
||146 / 244
||56-76 / 93-126
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.
As a crafting ingredient
|| Jarate Chop|
Use your Kukri to kill 3 enemies doused in your Jarate.
June 23, 2011 Patch (Über Update)
- The Shahanshah was added to the main game.
June 28, 2011 Patch
- Added/Refined recoil/draw/crit/reload forces for the Shahanshah.
- The word 'Shahanshah' is Persian for 'King of Kings', a title of Iran's rulers from the time of the Sassanid.
- The Shahanshah was originally called the Shahenshah.
- ↑ "TF2 - Polypack - Svdl" thread by user Svdl on polycount.com forums, May 25, 2011. Accessed June 23, 2011.