The Sight for Sore Eyes is a community-created cosmetic item for the Pyro. It is a pair of loose googly eyes that fit in the lens sockets of the Pyro's mask.
April 7, 2011 Patch (Third Community Contribution Update)
- The Sight for Sore Eyes was added to the game.
December 15, 2011 Patch (Australian Christmas 2011)
- Added "lenses" equip region.
September 4, 2012 Patch
- Loosened equip region restrictions for the Sight for Sore Eyes.
August 27, 2013 Patch
- [Undocumented] Added Strange quality.
- If an item with the Head Replacement equip region is equipped after the Sight for Sore Eyes is equipped, the Sight for Sore Eyes will stop appearing in the loadout screen, until the Head Replacement item is unequipped.
- The term "sight for sore eyes" is an English colloquial phrase that refers to meeting a person who has not been seen in a long time.
- Vellicating is the act of lightly touching a body part so as to cause the underlying nerves to twitch. Vitreous humor is the clear gel that fills the space between the lens and the retina of the eyeball.