From Team Fortress Wiki
(Redirected from Soldiers stash)
The Soldier's Stash is a cosmetic item for the Soldier. It adds a black band around the Soldier's helmet, holding up a pack of cigarettes — the eponymous stash — as well as an ace of spades playing card.
Main article: Paint Can
Mouseover cells to preview the images on a dark background.
- [Undocumented] The Soldier's Stash was added to the game.
- This hat was made paintable.
- [Undocumented] Added a community-contributed description for this hat.
- [Undocumented] This hat can now be uncrated with Unusual quality.
- Paint textures for this hat were improved.
- This item was removed from the item drop system and Mann Co. Store, and can no longer be uncrated with Unusual quality or crafted. Crates with the possibility to get the hat are unboxed in normal quality. 
- Updated the Soldier's Stash's equip region.
- The band was designed to hold a cloth camouflage cover to the helmet as well as foliage, in order to blend the helmet shape and color into the surrounding vegetation. In Vietnam, this band more commonly held cigarettes, as the Soldier does here, as well as insect repellent or an extra rifle magazine, as shown in the movie Full Metal Jacket.
- In World War II, the soldiers of the 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment of the American 101st Airborne Division, the "Screaming Eagles" were marked with the spades symbol painted on the sides of their helmets. It was used to represent good luck due to its fortunate connotations in card playing.