Something Special For Someone Special
From Team Fortress Wiki
The Something Special for Someone Special is a tool item, appearing as a silver diamond ring sitting in an open blue-violet colored case with a grey felt interior, traditionally associated with an engagement ring.
Upon use, the tool will turn into a pair of miscellaneous items that can be worn by all classes in game.
When the Something Special for Someone Special is purchased from the Mann Co. Store, the player receives a Gift Wrap and a Name Tag to use on the item. Once gift-wrapped, the item can be sent to a person of the player's choosing. The recipient then receives a notification alerting them of the proposal, allowing them to accept. If the proposal is accepted, a message will be broadcast to all servers and as an alert on the main menu, noting the player and recipient's names as well as the name used on the ring.
Accepting the proposal
The tool is consumed and turns into a pair of gold rings with large diamonds, one for the sender and the other for the receiver, wearable on all classes as a miscellaneous item with their names inscribed in the description: "A perpetual bond of commitment between [sender] and [recipient], forever and ever and ever. XoXoX". The rings can't be gift-wrapped or renamed again.
Declining the proposal
Currently there is no way to decline the ring. Once a player sends the gift wrapped ring, the only options for the recipient are to accept or to delete the gift.
Only Steam Support can restore the ring to the sender's backpack if the recipient wishes to decline the engagement.
- [Undocumented] The item was added to the game files.
- Something Special for Someone Special was added.
- Fixed the Spy's Cloak not working correctly on the Something Special for Someone Special.
- Backpack sounds updated for Something Special for Someone Special.
- The expression "two months salary" originated from a 1947 advertising campaign by De Beers in an effort to stimulate the diamond market. This rule of thumb remains standard today.