Spirit Of Giving
The Spirit Of Giving is a cosmetic item for all classes. It is a small grey x-ray machine attached to each class's chest. The machine has a green, phosphorescent screen featuring a beating heart and bubbles. It was distributed to all players who had logged in during the Australian Christmas 2011 event and had further logged in during or after the December 21, 2011 Patch. Premium members were also given a Secret Saxton, in addition to the Spirit Of Giving.
This item tracks the number of gifts distributed by the player via Secret Saxtons, Piles o' Gifts, Random RoboKey Gifts, and Piles of RoboKey Gifts. Each gift given will increase the counter displayed.
The current rank title forms the prefix of the item name; e.g. a Spirit Of Giving with three gifts given will appear as "The Competent Contributor's Spirit Of Giving". This process is similar to the process of Strange weapons: not only will levelling up in ranks upgrade the item's title, the 'heart' shown will also increase in size. Consequently, the heart is not visible if a player has never gifted any gifts.
Although the Pile o' Gifts is capable of granting 23 gifts to players in the server in a single use, the counter will only increase to the amount of gifts distributed. As such, if the server has only 10 connected players, not counting the user, only 10 gifts will be granted and the count will only increase by 10.
|1||1||The Baseline Benefactor's|
|2||3||The Competent Contributor's|
|3||7||The Adequate Altruist's|
|4||12||The Satisfactory Santa's|
|5||20||The Sufficient Samaritan's|
|6||28||The Distinguished Donator's|
|7||37||The Dynamic Do-Gooder's|
|8||47||The Consumate Contributor's|
|9||57||The Baron of Bequeathment's|
|10||68||The Lord of Largesse's|
|11||79||The Chieftain of Charity's|
|12||91||The Generalissimo of Generosity's|
|13||104||The Bigshot Benefactor's|
|14||120||The Caesar of Pleasers'|
|15||138||The First-Class Philanthropist's|
|16||158||The Humanitarian Hotshot's|
|17||179||The Selfless Samaritan's|
- The Spirit Of Giving was added to the game.
- The Spirit Of Giving can now have a Name Tag applied to it.
- The Spirit Of Giving is handed out once more
- The green part of the screen on the model is still visible while the player is Cloaked as a Spy.
- The Mann Co. Catalog describes the item's rank as being incremented by the number of duels (from the Dueling Mini-Game), instead of the number of gifts granted.
- A Secret Saxton bug will cause the initial user of the item to receive the gift, a current definite cause is to be on a completely empty server and use one. No item will be inside, but the Spirit Of Giving will still update its gift count.
- The item is a reference to the classic Dr. Seuss story How the Grinch Stole Christmas! whose title character is born with a heart two sizes too small, but when he gives Christmas presents to the Whos of Whoville, his heart grows three sizes.
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy is the medical term for thickening and growth of the heart.