|“Bloody hell, you're awful!”
This image file requires improvement: (Updated 3D view/firstperson views to new c_models)
You can help Team Fortress Wiki by uploading a new version (see image guidelines).
Aye, that's the way ye do it! Hehah!
— The Demoman on sticky jumping training techniques
The Sticky Jumper is a secondary weapon for the Demoman. Similar in appearance to the Stickybomb Launcher, it features a painted orange muzzle plus an orange and white striped pattern on the magazine, and lacks a front iron sight. The weapon fires rounded Stickybombs.
As a training item, the Sticky Jumper fires completely harmless stickybombs, which deal the same knockback to the player as a normal Sticky bomb (But dealing no knockback at all to enemies), allowing players to freely practice sticky jumping techniques. While the weapon only allows for two sticky-bombs to be deployed at once, the ammo count for the weapon is tripled, giving the user forty-eight extra stickybombs to use. The user is still vulnerable to self-damage from other explosive weaponry as well as fall damage. Players equipped with this weapon are unable to carry the intelligence in Capture the Flag mode or the Australium briefcase in Special Delivery mode.
|Function times (in seconds)
|Maximum charge time
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.
As a crafting ingredient
|| 0wn the Means of Production|
Remove 20 stickybombs by killing the Demomen who produced them.
October 27, 2010 Patch
(Scream Fortress Update
- The Sticky Jumper was added to the game.
October 28, 2010 Patch
- Fixed the Sticky Jumper doing damage to enemies.
- [Undocumented] Equipping the Sticky Jumper no longer multiplies the Grenade Launcher's carried ammo instead of the Sticky Jumper's ammo.
November 19, 2010 Patch
December 22, 2010 Patch
- The Sticky Jumper now has no max health penalty, and has damage vulnerabilities instead.
February 14, 2011 Patch
- Fixed melee attacks not destroying remote detonation pipes (Stickybombs).
April 20, 2011 Patch
- Fixed the Sticky Jumper and the Stickybomb Launcher using the wrong skins.
July 1, 2011 Patch
July 22, 2011 Patch
- [Undocumented] The damage penalty attribute was changed from "-100% damage done" to "-100% damage penalty".
September 15, 2011 Patch
- The Sticky Jumper now uses a unique texture and projectile.
- The Sticky Jumper no longer causes the wielder to take increased damage from other sources.
- [Undocumented] Removed the ability to randomly score a critical hit on the Sticky Jumper.
- [Undocumented] Fixed a bug allowing a Demoman to damage himself with Sticky Jumper's detonation while holding any other weapon.
- [Undocumented] Added a new sound when Sticky Jumper projectiles touch the ground.
- [Undocumented] Shortened the range of stickybombs fired from the Sticky Jumper.
September 20, 2011 Patch
- Updated the physics for the Sticky Jumper projectiles so they behave like regular sticky bombs.
October 13, 2011 Patch (Manniversary Update & Sale)
- Fixed Demoman weapons primary/secondary being backwards in the loadout screen.
- Fixed effects on Sticky Jumper grenades.
April 27, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Sticky Jumper stickybombs changing team when air-blasted.
May 31, 2012 Patch
- Players with the Sticky Jumper equipped cannot carry the intelligence.
June 27, 2012 Patch (Pyromania Update)
- Added 'flying' sound to blast jumps.
- [Undocumented] Added the Sticky Jumper to the item drop system.
March 4, 2013 Patch
- Added a crafting recipe for the Sticky Jumper.
September 16, 2013 Patch
- Updated The Sticky Jumper to only allow 2 active stickybombs at a time.
November 12, 2013 Patch
July 2, 2015 Patch #1 (Gun Mettle Update)
- [Undocumented] Updated model to c_model system.
July 23, 2015 Patch #1
- Fixed being able to carry the flag with the Sticky Jumper.
February 29, 2016 Patch
- [Undocumented] Updated all Stickybomb Launcher's reload sounds.
July 7, 2016 Patch (Meet Your Match Update)
- Updated model/materials and sound
- The RED projectile model was originally added in the WAR! Update for the Scottish Resistance but was unused in favor of the Scottish Resistance's final projectile design.
, Scottish Handshake
, Conscientious Objector
, Freedom Staff
, Bat Outta Hell
, Memory Maker
, Ham Shank
, Necro Smasher
, Crossing Guard
) · Eyelander
(Horseless Headless Horsemann's Headtaker
, Nessie's Nine Iron
) · Pain Train · Scotsman's Skullcutter · Ullapool Caber · Claidheamh Mòr · Half-Zatoichi · Persian Persuader