From Team Fortress Wiki
TF2Toolbox offers web-based Backpack tools built on Steam's WebAPI. It currently offers two tools:
- BBCode Translator – Converts Backpack contents to eye-catching BBCode for trading on forums.
- Metal Maker – Organizes Backpack weapons into scrap metal and token combinations.
BBCode Translator is designed to expedite the process of creating a Backpack trading thread, as well as offer a standard, readable layout for trading threads (bold text, eye-friendly colors on both SPUF and other phpBB forums).
Metal Maker is designed to help users more easily assess Backpack contents for opportunities to create scrap metal, allowing them to organize weapons by class without manually moving them in their Backpacks or forcing a class sorting of their entire Backpack.
BBCode Translator features
- Categorizes items into hat, weapon, and other miscellaneous categories.
- Catches Unusual hat effects, Soldier medal numbers, item levels, gifted and untradable attributes, and more.
- Paginated search; ability to filter returned results by Backpack page (targeting users with all tradable items on certain pages of their Backpack).
Metal Maker features
- Categorizes weapons by class and calculates possible scrap metal/token output.
- Recognizes "special" weapons and removes them from calculations (off-level, weapons that have had a Name Tag or Description Tag used on them)
BBCode result on SourceOp forums.
Metal Maker organizing weapons by class.