From Team Fortress Wiki
|"Now that there was a fine piece 'a work."
Disguise is a featured article candidate.
This page has been identified as possibly meeting the featured article criteria.
Do we need to confirm that disguises mirror the full loadout of the character you are diguised as. For example fellow players on my server have noted that my community rocket launcher does not appear on spies, are hats etc the same --Markd 12:17, 8 October 2010 (UTC)
Spy disguises definitely interact with Unusual hats. A disguised spy doesn't get the unusual hat particle effect (observed in-game while wearing my unusual). An entire team with unusual hats would make any disguised spy stand out as an obvious target. --Cnidocyte 09:04, 26 October 2010 (UTC)
This page reads entirely like a strategy guide. However, it passes itself off as a factual article. I think this could be misleading to users. --Subtlefuge 19:12, 13 October 2010 (UTC)
- Agreed. I'm also greatly in favour of the re-write you've suggested. ~
lhavelund(t ▪ c) 19:40, 13 October 2010 (UTC)
- You're right. The "Disguises" section especially needs to go. It is half of the article and entirely about strategy while disguised. I think the only part that is properly written right now is the "Gameplay Effects". Everything else is about how to play the spy. Nice catch. --Alex2539 19:47, 13 October 2010 (UTC)
I've taken it upon myself to try to rewrite much of this page as requested in the "Cleanup" section (working on it at this time, will post when ready). Feel free to revert it if it's not enough of an improvement, but I think I can do better than what's there now. Will-T 00:27, 7 November 2010 (UTC)
- Okay, done with that now. One placeholder needs to be filled in: I couldn't remember what key to press to change the weapon you appear to have equipped as your disguise class. Other than that I think it's okay. Again, please fix it up further as needed, or get rid of it altogether (but at least tell me why if you must totally redo it again, as I want to learn!). Will-T 01:10, 7 November 2010 (UTC)
Disguises losing health?
Someone on the Steam User Forums noted that Spy disguises will take damage while under (the Spies) enemies fire 
Could someone test this? --KajiVena of TheVille 07:13, 29 May 2011 (UTC)
Use of enemy Teleporters
As of now, the Spy can use enemy Teleporters even without a disguise, so it to seems to be no need to write that "a Spy using an enemy disguise will not be targeted by Sentry Guns, can use enemy Teleporters and Dispensers". Adreadline 11:03, 8 October 2011 (PDT)
- I'm actually interested; when did this happen? Fyahweather 11:15, 8 October 2011 (PDT)
- I believe it still happens, but my screenshots of it are more than three months old (June 25). I'll see if they changed something next time I play before editing anything. Adreadline 11:26, 8 October 2011 (PDT)
Disguising with Shotgun Bug
I assume this is where we put disguise related bugs. If a spy disguises as a soldier, pyro or heavy when no one on either team is playing that class, and the spy switches his disguise weapon to the shotgun, he will be disguised as a civilian of that class. Doing the same thing for an engineer yields a different effect, where the engineer holds whatever the spy's active weapon is. Worthwhile to note? RedMage 16:04, 23 December 2011 (PST)
- This does seem like an important bug to me. I will test this myself and see what happens soonish. Anyone else more familiar with bots than I am who can test this out? - Firestorm 13:47, 3 January 2012 (PST)
- I have verified this bug myself with my incredible Wiki prowess and intelligence. Do not believe anyone who states otherwise. -- Firestorm 14:50, 4 January 2012 (PST)
- There is more to this bug. Trying to disguise with a Shotgun will continue to show the previous disguised weapon (or [unknown] if Shotgun is the first weapon you have ever disguised with) as your weapon. At this point, instead of showing the Shotgun, it will show the spy's current weapon with that class's mode's pose. For example, if a Spy disguises as a stock Pyro, tries to disguise with a Shotgun, and then holds a Knife, the UI will show Flamethrower and the Spy's model will be a Pyro holding a Knife like a Fire Axe. If at any time the Spy holds the Sapper, the model will take the reference (Civilian) pose and will be holding a Sapper. – fashnek (talk·c) 15:36, 4 January 2012 (PST)
- Bug should just be "Disguising with a shotgun will cause all sorts of fascinating problems" -- Firestorm 16:30, 4 January 2012 (PST)