Talk:Item drop system
- 1 Erroneous information
- 2 Will EVER any weapons disappear from the drop system?
- 3 Cosmetic items?
- 4 drop system changes or something maybe possibly???
- 5 Item Cap
- 6 Items being announced in chat after already been delivered to inventory
- 7 Drop system is broken again.
- 8 Is it possible to do this?
- 9 Percentages
- 10 The Numbers of Drops is Constant not Variable
I removed erroneous information regarding the drop system. There is also no proof that you are guaranteed to get 5 - 12 items per week, the only reason why I'm not taking down the images is because I don't want to screw up the format of the page by accident if I do so. Odin(Reborn) 16:58, 11 January 2013 (PST)
- This post on teamfortress.com explains the current drop system, whereby players are guaranteed a certain number of items within a certain period of time. Granted there's no exact figure given, but those graphs on the article were made using real data, so at least give reasonably probable drop rates. » Cooper Kid (blether) • (contreebs) 18:55, 11 January 2013 (PST)
Will EVER any weapons disappear from the drop system?
So, just like what happened with those retired hats. Right now, I craft any duplicate I have to Metal, but if e.g. Shortstop is going to retire, then those 2 Shortstops worth 1 Scrap would cost a shitload and it would have been such a waste. Does anyone know if this has any chance of happening and has it ever happened before? I started Playing TF2 2 years ago so I don't know anything. Thanks! Xbenas 05:39, 13 February 2013 (PST)
- There's no way we can know. Anyway, I doubt they'd do something like this; afterall, weapons are mostly gameplay-focused and hats are purely cosmetic. – Epic Eric (T | C) 05:46, 13 February 2013 (PST)
I'm wondering what you mean with cosmetic items. Do you mean that tags and painting cans are cosmetic items? I'm wondering because i am a f2p and i got a description tag recently. Kalle198 05:23, 17 March 2013 (PDT)
Cosmetic items are items which do not have a purpose or effect on gameplay. Items such as hats and miscs and cosmetic items. Tags and Paint cans are tools, which change items in your backpack. Ophyzarr 05:30, 17 March 2013 (PDT)
drop system changes or something maybe possibly???
the drop system was changed in the July 10, 2013 patch
(source: http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1250564&p=41407657&viewfull=1#post41407657 (read the next pages too ))
- Yes, it appears that the drop system now requires you to accept the item so that it is no longer in the unplaced inventory before you can receive any more drops. —Moussekateer·talk 17:17, 12 July 2013 (PDT)
- In theory yes, in practice no. It's extremely unlikely that someone will go on a run of an item every 30mins or 70mins. They might also lose connection to the server and other such factors.
Items being announced in chat after already been delivered to inventory
This is a bug I find myself running into more often than not. I'm certain that others have noticed that some items will be delivered to their inventory but will not be announced until a later time. (Such as MvM rewards). Is there any specific cause for this? Archeodemon (talk) 20:49, 29 December 2013 (PST)
Drop system is broken again.
Ok, they sad they fixed the problem, but no. I have only gotten 1 item the last two months, the gunslinger. I meet all of the criteria, but i still don't seen to get any items. If anybody knows what the problem is, tell me. — The preceding unsigned comment was added by Sweddy409 (talk) • (contribs)
- This page isn't really a great place to ask this. You'll probably get more of a better response on the steam forums. Ashes (talk) 15:51, 28 February 2014 (PST)
Is it possible to do this?
Is there any way to 'balance' the drop system so it tends to give you more items for one class than the others?
- Not possible. Drop system is completely random on drops. Modifying the drop system is only done by valve. Ashes (talk) 11:35, 16 March 2014 (PDT)
Is there a percentage for an item type to drop? Like a percent of cosmetics to drop? Or weapons? Or something like that? If there is, can you PLEASE add a table? M15513c0mm4nd (talk) 14:57, 21 September 2014 (PDT)
- There is no confirmed percentage. Its pretty much pure random. Even if we made a table, it would be all speculation and false information. Ashes (talk) 14:58, 21 September 2014 (PDT)
The Numbers of Drops is Constant not Variable
Always 9 items. Either 9 items or 8 items + 1 crate/box. IDS (item drop system) won't give more than 9 drops. I've tested this by a p2p account and a f2p account. Also, I asked other players, and they said 8–9 is max. Also interval does not affect the numbers of drops. For example, If you have 7 items and you reach 10 hours limit, IDS will give 2 items immediatley to reach its 9-item cap. And if you get all 9 items by 30-minute intervals (4.5 hours), there is no more item in the remaining 5.5 hours. Note1: I think gamers should play different multiplayer modes and MVM maps to get more than 9 items. Note2: it looks like that Achievement items count as drop too (bug). --Zyma (talk) 18:56, 28 March 2015 (PDT)
- The only bit of this that seems true is mentioning that if you hit your drop limit you won't get any more items. I've had some weeks where I've got 5 drops, and some weeks where I've got 10 drops (like this week, I got 8 weapon drops on my main account, and no crates at all). After Valve most recently changed the drop system, the game hasn't given me more than 1 drop in one go, and I only get drops in quick succession if I missed getting one of them. Different gamemodes don't have any impact on item drops (the closest to it is MVM giving you items for completing a mission/tour, but that's separate to drops). Achievement items have no impact on it either, as I got a bunch of the items on an alt account a while ago and I still got a full set of item drops. --Omolong (talk) 19:11, 28 March 2015 (PDT)
- Just to complement that I only got 6 weapons on this week's drop, and I didn't got any crate either (they don't count as the cap limit, though, just to let you know). It seems to be variable, but one thing I'm certain of, is that the time between one drop to another has increased after the Idle Threat solution, you dropped pretty quickly before, now it may takes to half an hour to one hour, but I guess this is also variable. ▪ - 19:51, 28 March 2015 (PDT)
- So you say "cap limit is variable" and "the limit is random for players every week"? For example, one player may receive only 5 items, and another player may receive 12 items? But even by 70-minute intervals, 8 drops is minimum. Is minimum variable too? --Zyma (talk) 09:14, 29 March 2015 (PDT)