There seems to be additional models for this hat in the game files, located in tf/models/player/items/all_class.
As well, these versions of the hat look quite different than the one pictured. For starters, the dex_belltower hats have this circular thing on the side of the hat, and there's no red bits on it either. Was this supposed to be an all-class hat? 404 User Not Found 20:42, 18 August 2011 (PDT)
- You know as much as most of us. Judging by that, I'd say yes, but no way to say for sure. Contact Valve, I guess. --SilverHammer 20:43, 18 August 2011 (PDT)
- Alrighty then. I guess it's just another instance of "We made this as an all-class hat but decided to limit it at the last minute." 404 User Not Found 20:45, 18 August 2011 (PDT)
Before anyone asks for a citation or pics on that edit I made.
So yeah. - Daakun
This isn't a misc. item. It's a headgear/hat item. It specifically says so in its description in the store, on top of the fact that it should be obvious in appearance. Someone please fix this misattribution. - GAMEchief 22:38, 18 August 2011 (PDT)
- This is probably just an error from people creating multiple of the new items pages. Copying and pasting the old source into a new page, and forgetting to switch things out. Also, you could have easily changed it, you don't need permission to do so - nixshadow (t|c) 22:41, 18 August 2011 (PDT)
I heard somewhere that this hat is currently using the Heavy version of the hat on the spy model. Is this true? It would explain why it is so ridiculously oversized on the spy. -PlausibleSarge 10:40, 19 August 2011 (PDT)
I can confim this. (actually I made an accout specifically so I could reply to this comment) -Slothy 16:56, 19 August 2011 (PDT)
- yes actually I agree, As you may notice, below I said that the visor closes, it turns out (when looking in the files) that Heavys version kind of does that (it closes half way the further you are from it) while the spies version dosent do that. (also the Demomans has one side closed for his eye patch) Ihasnotomato
Now correct me if im wrong, but it seems that the further away you are from the hat, the more the visor closes, for instance when taunting it seems half open. Im only bringing this up as it dosent seem to be on the page yet. Ihasnotomato
What's supposed to be the lowest LOD actually has a higher polycount than the second lowest. I'm assuming this is just some sort of mix up on the modelers part? SuperCake 16:20, 29 August 2011 (PDT)
Should there be trivia stating that this hat is worn by the Mercs of the Belltower Associates? The Deus Specs mention them being worn by Adam Jensen. Seth Hunter 11:58, 5 September 2011 (PDT)
- I don't see why not, I haven't played Deus Ex HR and this bit made me go "huh, didn't know that". Fits the criteria for trivia. RagnarHomsar 11:59, 5 September 2011 (PDT)
I will put some in then Seth Hunter 12:00, 5 September 2011 (PDT)