Talk:Fireproof Secret Diary
- You mean the flame pattern? Yeah, could be. Also it's slightly singded on the corner which also hints at that. Cheesepopcorn(stuff) 00:52, 20 June 2012 (PDT)
Anyone know what game it's referring to? Footlesssushi 06:18, 20 June 2012 (PDT)
- Well, many games have audio books that you collect during the game, such as Borderlands or Bioshock. HaZZMaTT98 9:27, 20 June 2012 (PDT)
- I'd say that it's a reference to amnesia: dark descent, that game has been popular latelly and whenever the character finds a diary page it triggers a sound file that reads the page. Draforce94 02:51, 21 June 2012 (PDT)
Missing in Mann Co. Catalog: Not a glitch?
I have a feeling that this item as well as the other related items' absence from the Mann Co. Catalog is intentional, as its introduction to the game was hidden, and it appears to be linked to a hidden easter egg (possible ARG, based on speculation). Badfontkeming 15:21, 20 June 2012 (PDT)
- Agreed, they're actually called anomalies and not bugs. Anomaly means it's unknown whetever it's implemented intentionally or unintentionally. There's many other unlisted items as well that haven't been listed in the catalog. Juze 09:53, 8 September 2012 (PDT)
I personally do not have the book, (Assuming its a book, I don't really know.) But the quote could make a lot more sense if put in context. If somebody had the book I'd like to hear the surrounding sentences. Oh and I just registered and this is my first post :D Correct me if I'm doing something stupid. AshFTW 17:48, 21 June 2012 (PDT)
"Think of the deeds of hellish cruelty, the hidden wickedness which may go on, year in, year out, in such places, and none the wiser." I believe this refers to the Pyro. Also, on the Secret Diary, it appears that one corner has been scorched. Vide0n 21:48, 21 June 2012 (PDT)
This is the paragraph from the Sherlock holmes book in which the quote appears: "But the reason is very obvious. The pressure of public opinion can do in the town what the law cannot accomplish. There is no lane so vile that the scream of a tortured child, or the thud of a drunkard's blow, does not beget sympathy and indignation among the neighbours, and then the whole machinery of justice is ever so close that a word of complaint can set it going, and there is but a step between the crime and the dock. But look at these lonely houses, each in its own fields, filled for the most part with poor ignorant folk who know little of the law. Think of the deeds of hellish cruelty, the hidden wickedness which may go on, year in, year out, in such places, and none the wiser. Had this lady who appeals to us for help gone to live in Winchester, I should never have had a fear for her. It is the five miles of country which makes the danger. - Jameslulz 11:54, 23 June 2012 (PDT)
After watching Meet The Pyro. *Just released* I see some similarites to the book quote. Awesome. AshFTW 11:22, 27 June 2012 (PDT)
Anyone know if this thing still drops? Now that the ash items have vanished, I'm hearing conflicting things on whether or not this thing still drops. I'd like to see the infobox updated if it no longer drops. Ddhoward 21:55, 22 July 2012 (PDT)
- I took a screenshot of the stats.tf page of the diary about a week ago. Back then 492 existed ( http://puu.sh/OnNl ) Right now 495 exist. I guess it's safe to assume they still drop, unless stats.tf's system scans backpacks with a delay of some sort. ErroR 11:30, 8 August 2012 (PDT)
- I don't think it actually drops anymore. The difference in numbers could be sadly due to people exploiting the dupe glitch and making multiples, the diary is worth quite a bit to traders. Zylos 18:08, 11 August 2012 (PDT)
Mann Co. Catalog
The fact that the Secret Diary is not in it is likely no bug. I think it should be moved to trivia.
Now, The pyromania update is over, the burned items disappeared, except for the capacitor and the secret diary. Now the capacitor has served its purpose, but the secret diary is still their. My theory? Well, just a fact before I begin. The description of the "Gentle Munitionne of Leisure" says this: "This snappy all-class stovepipe commemorates man and monkey's joint attempt to conquer the heavens with a built-in rocket that, every year on the anniversary of the launch, might violently explode." On the first anniversary of the Pyromania update, I think that the rocket in the helmet will explode, and the secret diaries will open and reveal something. Again, its just a theory.DracoFreezeFlame 23:59, 24 August 2012
- Sign talk with ~~~~, without it, no one knows who added it. And speculation goes onto spuf. δ³Σx² 17:04, 24 August 2012 (PDT)
The Secret Diary and the Banana Peel have in-game models in the TF2 files and the SFM Files. It is certainly noteworthy. --Ojcoolj 01:05, 7 October 2012 (PDT)
- Banana Peel is in Doomsday map, but Secret Diary... I don't know where is it... Hinaomi (talk) • (contributions) 02:06, 7 October 2012 (PDT)
Other Games We Could Mention?
I realize that a narrator reading pages aloud is a fairly common practice, but is there any one game that they were referring too?
I'm thinking "The Last Express" since a character in that game had a diary that looked very similar to this one, which upon being read, did feature voice acting, and the only way to read it was to break into their room, thereby invading PRIVACY. but that's just speculation, and I can't find any substantial clues pointing to it.