From Team Fortress Wiki
No Scattergun ramp-up?
Guys, this gun appears to not ramp-up to 175% damage because it only does a max of 90 (89 by my own tests). What the balls, Valve. What the balls.DRaGZ 20:45, 23 June 2011 (PDT)
- This is true, and I'm pretty sure it is unintentional. Denmax 09:41, 27 June 2011 (PDT)
Why Am I reminded of Sam & Max?
Actually the name of the group of 3 Characters who appear in Season 1 and 2. Should we put this in Trivia? or Do I need take time out for Number 1!? Nutter 11:34, 22 June 2011 (UTC)
- Probably not. Jenkson 19:20, 22 June 2011 (UTC)
In regards to "Is the Haiku Intentional?"
"The description for the Soda Popper is written in haiku, whether this is intentional is unknown."
I think it obviously is intentional; it wouldn't be written like that if it wasn't. Jenkson 19:20, 22 June 2011 (UTC)
Should the trivia be updated with the fact that these models were submitted as a polycount pack submission? Triscuitable 18:03, 22 June 2011 (PDT)
If the reload button is held down while firing, the weapon reloads faster than it does through automatic reload or manual reload after firing. I'm assuming this is a bug, and I already reported it to valve. I'd add it to the page, but I'm kind of terrible at writing in wiki articles and I think people will take it down until a few other people test it. Mewizkuit 15:24, 25 June 2011 (PDT)
Incorrect stats in description
The Soda Popper reloads 25% faster than the Force-A-Nature, but not 25% faster than the scattergun. Where and how should this be noted? Zoon-li 14:15, 27 June 2011 (PDT)
- In the Bugs section I think --ScoutKast 01:02, 2 August 2011 (PDT)
A pretty strategy.
Since the Soda Popper does not deal as much damage as the scattergun mini-crits can sometimes be useless. So basically you run around building up the hype meter, when you get the mini crits switch to your pistol and shoot away. A bit of aiming is required with The Winger since it has low ammo capacity. This is also more effective at targets further away.
- Maybe worth putting on Community Scout strategy, as long as you can prove it works. » Cooper Kid (Blether · Contreebs) 15:27, 2 August 2011 (PDT)
Does this thing have any knockback? I tried to force jump but it failed. --ScoutKast 01:08, 15 August 2011 (PDT)
- No, it doesn't say anywhere that it has the same knockback abilities as the Force A Nature. » Cooper Kid (blether·contreebs) 05:56, 15 August 2011 (PDT)
It is a broken Force-A-Nature [...]
Is it really? Has anyone asked the model's creator if that was their intention? Looking at the 3D preview of both models, they have nothing in common except for their basic shape. My first impression was that only the stock was reused from the FAN, but even that appears to be a different size. Dragonsbrethren 16:56, 24 November 2011 (PST)
- I believe the creator implied as such in the promotional page of the Polycount thread. It could be that the FAN was repaired using parts of another weapon, hence some of the differences. Noizeblaze 17:16, 24 November 2011 (PST),
- Oh yeah, you're right, I completely forgot about that thread. Definitely their intention then. Dragonsbrethren 13:14, 25 November 2011 (PST)
Soda Popper Fix
Should we add that the texture and model fix was added by the creator in the Steam Workshop? (Same applies for the Winger) http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3828 --Upgrade 19:56, 16 February 2012 (PST)
Oh this is odd...
I'm sure everybody knows this, but if it takes a Bonk! Atomic Punch to make this, why does it have a Crit-A-Cola underneath? Appearance-wise, I mean (I know about the mini-crits, but still...)
P.S. like most people, as Scout I chug some Bonk first, rush behind enemy areas and build hype, then release the bulletstorm of mini-crits.
Ballin' Stalin 18:28, 18 December 2012 (PST)Ballin' Stalin
- Because early version has Bonk! Can attach instead of Crit-a-Cola. Hinaomi (talk) • (contributions) 18:43, 18 December 2012 (PST)
Possible bug: not taking Critical Kills strange part
While this may be "old news" (since the strange Soda Popper has been out for a while), I did not see it discussed here, so I thought I would bring it up. Would the s. Soda Popper not taking the Critical Kills s. part be considered a bug? Other weapons that have mini-crits in their description take it (Direct Hit, Reserve Shooter), as well as weapons that have no random critical hits in their description (Eyelander, Persian Persuader, Gunslinger, Diamondback). Why is the Soda Popper being skipped over? Thunder Chief 02:02, 25 March 2013 (PDT)