From Team Fortress Wiki
The Director's Vision is an action item for all classes. It can be obtained by completing the Replay Achievement Star Of My Own Show. When executed, the player puts their arms out and forms a rectangle with their fingers.
|| Star Of My Own Show|
Spend some time editing a replay.
Reward: Director's Vision
May 5, 2011 Patch (Replay Update)
- The Director's Vision was added to the game.
June 23, 2011 Patch (Über Update)
- [Undocumented] The Director's Vision's backpack icon was updated.
June 27, 2011 Patch
October 13, 2011 Patch (Manniversary Update & Sale)
- Item not playing animation for all classes correctly in the loadout screen has been fixed.
- The Pyro has two animations for this taunt: one somewhat feminine, another more masculine.
- This is a common film gesture that is often stereotypically attributed to directors and photographers. By placing one's index finger against the opposing thumb on both hands, a natural square is created that mimics the widescreen aspect ratio of film. When placing this "square" over a prospective scene or event, one then can imagine or explain how the scene would look to a viewer if filmed or photographed, whilst keeping note of what may get cut off on the sides.
- Some of the classes use a different method of the gesture in which both thumbs oppose each other and the index fingers are parallel.