Team Fortress 2 is Free to Play
|Team Fortress 2 is Free to Play|
|Released:||June 23, 2011|
- This video was used as part of the Über Update to announce Team Fortress 2 becoming one of Steam's Free to Play (F2P) games.
- The video showcased many then recently released weapons and hats. Notable examples include:
- This was the first appearance of the Beggar's Bazooka, at 00:30, and the Helmet Without a Home at 00:42. On Day 2 of the Pyromania Update, the Beggar's Bazooka was revealed to be a Soldier primary weapon.
There are several glimpses of currently unreleased content in the video.
00:30 An unreleased Pyro's melee weapon. The Beggar's Bazooka also appears in the foreground.
00:39 An unreleased Medic's Medi Gun. The Beggar's Bazooka can again be seen to the left.
- The Pyro's melee weapon appears to be the Head-Trimmer from Guitbox's Horticultural Process Polycount item set.
- The Beggar's Bazooka and Hat Without a Home were originally the Doe's Dumpster Device and the Gunner's Guard from Populus13's and PandaPoops' Dumpster Pack item set and intended for submission for the Polycount contest. It was later resubmitted to the Steam Workshop.
- The Medic's Medi Gun appears to be the Schwaben Charger 9000 from Y_M's Heavy Duty Medicine Polycount item set.