Team Fortress Wiki:Featured articles
Featured articles exemplify some of the best written and most informational articles on Team Fortress Wiki. Featured articles must adhere to the featured article criteria below.
Featured articles are determined and rotated by the staff.
Current featured articles
To nominate an article—
Anyone is free to nominate any article they consider to meet the featured criteria.
It disintegrates players, even their gibs! It fires lazers, first soldier weapon to directly cause mini-crits. Has the disabling affects of a sapper(without the obvious destruction). Has moar ammo in a clip than any weapon, and the most ammo, being indefinitely usable. Is moderately easy to craft. Ummmm..... Thats about it please nominate this lol.... — The preceding unsigned comment was added by Bunnydav1d (talk) • (contribs)
- Comment Articles should be nominated based on the article itself, not on the weapon. -- Firestorm 08:13, 9 August 2011 (PDT)
Something of a hub article. It is a complete, interesting, informative article. Heck of a lot of links... pretty much exactly what's on the tin. It's an item timeline. It does what it says it will and looks sexy doing it. --SilverHammer 23:25, 16 August 2011 (PDT)
- Neutral It's got what it needs to be, but it's a list. We'd be better off showing off the weapons, or the item sets. I'm gray here. Triscuitable 20:34, 19 August 2011 (PDT)
Is complete, well linked, helps document an event, shows players in full costumes and has video demos of effects where they exist Govcon 18:59, 11 April 2012 (PDT)
Clean, pure execution on a theme. Nicely represents the backstory and weaponry of this class. Clean explanation of Speed, despite obvious complexity. (Darkid (Talk | contribs) 18:22, 5 June 2012 (PDT))
This article itself has some nice and good information about the Replay system and has a little guide on how to start a movie and how to edit it, functions get's explained easily, render info for best film preformances and the article keeps up in track with the update history, easy to understand if you take time reading and very interesting. Link here! Let's see some replying on this. TNS 14:39, 2 June 2012 (PDT)
- I'm neutral here. It's interesting, but the lack of pictures, nearly over-excessive use of bold text, and long paragraph-y format is a bit detracting. However, the material is extensive but not superfluous.Darkid (Talk | contribs) 15:29, 2 June 2012 (PDT)
I Nominate This Article With Reasons Standing Are:
- Well Written
- Very Informative To The TF2 Story line
- Effective on Entire Game Play
- Gives Insight to Entire Reasons For Game Play
- Correct Links
- Proper Images
FenixChief 15:35, 15 August 2012 (PDT)
- Hoog support How the BLU article didn't get into featured article? How pootis happen? Hoog support TheGuy299 04:05, 24 December 2012 (PST)
With the dolls confirmed to be releasing in the next week and the action figures well on the way, getting the word out on the main page would be relevant and interesting, as a featured article should be. --SilverHammer 16:18, 27 August 2012 (PDT)
- Not yet As noted on the top of the page, "this article is a stub". Right now, it's only a gallery with some info, without any crutial, main-page-worthy info. It still is a looooong way from getting good enough to be featured. – Epic Eric (T | C) 14:45, 21 September 2012 (PDT)
With the new 2012 Smissmas update just announced, it would be good to feature the original Australian Christmas in place of the original TF2 Halloween Special.-- — The preceding unsigned comment was added by Irkdesu (talk) • (contribs) 06:47 GMT 20 December, 2012
I nominate this article as it clearly defines all the different variations of robots. This article also assists new players in learning what each icon means, what this robot can do and how to counter it. It offers links to pages that go more in depth on every robot. The final reason why I nominate this article is the unused content section offers a clear view on all of the unused robots, as it clearly describes each and every one. Da Chingy Guy (talk) 14:46, 29 September 2013 (PDT)
In my opinion, the Pyro Robot should be considered as an article for the FAP. It has all relating images, tells you everything you need to know about the article, and is up-to-date. An overall obvious choice. Rollin' Solo (talk) 02:03, 21 December 2013 (PST)
This article is informative on what the Unusual effects are, how they look, and just straight up information on unusuals themselves. It even gives information on which hats can be uncrated in the Unusual quality. As far as the recent update, it is up-to-date. ClockworkSpirit2343
- After nearly a year of the featured article being the engineer update, I think we can safely change it to Unusual. --Piemanmoo 05:25, 30 June 2014 (PDT)
- The recent update with series Unusuals made the page need some edits, so once it gets updated, I think it should be put up. ClockworkSpirit2343 July 17, 2014.
This article is precisely what describes a Scout and helps people when they need to know what weapons and items the Scout can use/wear.
Very unique page, well-written, and has a lot of information and images on it. Each contents of the page are really well explained and as well listing to other areas of the Wiki. I also think that the "Mann vs. Machine" featured article on the main page are quite outdated, especially as it states "In the newly added Mann vs. Machine game mode...", so we probably need something else for that. ▪ - 22:36, 22 May 2015 (PDT)
- Support Its unique mechanic and attribute make this item worth to be feature article. With good writing and the way to explain the mechanic, I think it should be there. Rikka Takanashi (talk) • (contributions) 20:56, 23 June 2015 (PDT)
Done! It's rather well-written, and I feel that after the improvements made to the article by Mikado, it definitely deserves to be one. -- LordKelvin 17:49, 30 July 2015 (PDT)
The new mode in development. It has a lot of great information on the mode, powerups, and others. Plus, we really need to change the Featured Article. It's been stuck on "Mann vs Machine" for so long. --Dr. Scaphandre (talk) 17:08, 23 June 2015 (PDT)