Team Fortress Wiki:New Users' Guide
From Team Fortress Wiki
This page is aimed at the newest users primarily, however, older users who don't edit frequently will find it handy also.
As the TF Wiki is a community-edited resource, it is the responsibility of the community to update and add to its content.
There are two ways to start editing a particular page; you can edit the whole page at once by clicking the "edit" tab at the top, or edit individual sections only by clicking "" to the right of the section header.
Editing brings up a large text box filled with wiki formatting, which forms all pages. Wiki formatting can be daunting at first, however, is easy to remember once picked up. Below is an example of the most common forms that are used in articles:
This text is '''bold''' and this is ''italic''. This is a link: [[Rocket Launcher]]. [[Rocket Launcher|This is also a link]]. [http://www.google.com I am an external link].
And it displays as:
- This text is bold and this is italic. This is a link: Rocket Launcher. This is also a link. I am an external link.
The TF Wiki supports translation of articles into 22 languages, the majority of which are supported by in-game localizations. A full guide is available at Help:Language translation.
All wiki articles can be changed, updated, or added to. On a whole
Where to go for help
- Help:Contents – main help page
- Helpful guidelines from Wikipedia
- Wikipedia:Be bold – if you see something that can be improved, improve it.
- Wikipedia:Assume good faith – always assume that new users are editing to make the wiki better.
- Wikipedia:Please do not bite the newcomers