From Team Fortress Wiki
Unusual quality is an item quality used on hats and some miscellaneous items with a special attached particle effect. There are currently 147 items that can have one of 31 total effects. The only methods of obtaining an Unusual item are by potentially unlocking a Mann Co. Supply Crate with a Mann Co. Supply Crate Key or via trading. The chances of uncrating an Unusual item are about one in one hundred, or 1%. Unlike regular items which can only obtained from specific crates, any Unusual item with any particle effect can be randomly obtained from any given crate of any Series.
Due to their unique particle effect decorations and their extremely low probability of being obtained from crates, Unusual items are considered to be some of the rarest items in TF2.The hexadecimal color code for Unusual items is .
Other Unusual items
Two special items of Unusual quality were introduced with the Scream Fortress update: the Haunted Metal Scrap, and the Horseless Headless Horsemann's Headtaker. However, unlike regular Unusual items, the Unusual Metal Scrap is dropped for any player who has taken part in defeating the Horseless Headless Horsemann, while the Headtaker can be obtained by crafting it from a blueprint that includes the Unusual Metal Scrap. Besides bearing the Unusual quality, the Horseless Headless Horsemann's Headtaker is statistically identical to the Eyelander. In addition, neither of these items has an attached particle effect. Due to these characteristics, these two Unusual items are not considered as valuable as regular Unusual items.
Robotic Boogaloo Special
Unusual Time Warp.PNG
Unusual Green Black Hole.PNG
Green Black Hole
Unusual Memory Leak.PNG
Unusual Power Surge.PNG
List of Unusual items
- [Undocumented] Added Unusual quality.
- [Undocumented] Added Stormy Storm, Blizzardy Storm, Nuts n' Bolts, Orbiting Planets, Orbiting Fire, Bubbling, Smoking, and Steaming unusual effects.
- Fixed sunbeams effect.
- [Undocumented] Added Cloudy Moon, Eerie Orbiting Fire, Flaming Lantern, and Cauldron Bubbles unusual effects.
- [Undocumented] Added Knifestorm, Misty Skull, Harvest Moon, It's A Secret To Everybody and Stormy 13th Hour unusual effects.
- [Undocumented] Added Anti-Freeze, Electrostatic, Green Black Hole, Memory Leak, Overclocked, Phosphorous, Power Surge, Roboactive, Suplurous, and Time Warp unusual effects.
These effects were added to the game, but unused.
- The effect named "It's A Secret To Everybody" is a reference to a popular phrase in the video game series The Legend of Zelda.