From Team Fortress Wiki
|File name:|| |
|Health Kits:||×5 • ×7 • ×1|
|Ammo Boxes:||×1 • ×15 • ×1|
Upward is single-stage map, similar in design and layout to Badwater Basin, with multiple control points in one round, unlike Gold Rush and Thunder Mountain, featuring three short stages with 2-3 control points.
- Payload Track: The Payload track loops around the entire map, starting at the BLU base and ending at the RED base, close to but inaccessible from the start of the map.
- Path to the Mine: The start of the cart's journey begins with a small incline up a hill and wooden paths built to carry the bomb to the first control point. This area focuses on open combat focused down from the hills and balcony's on RED's defensive line.
- Mine: After the first control point, the cart track drops into a shallow mine below the balconies defending A. RED must focus their attention on the mine and ground level, otherwise BLU players will be able to flank RED by either route. This area offers perfect flanking opportunities for Spies as the area has the mine entrances, the ground level route and a thin side route.
- Wooden Bridge: After the second control point, there is a thin wooden bridge which hangs over a small sewer door leading into the RED base. It offers a good flanking route for BLU before B is captured as well as offering areas for Scouts and Spies to recover and hide. Like the pathway along the cliffside this wooden bridge is mostly void of battle.
- Spiral Bridge: After the Payload moves across the Wooden Bridge and up a small incline, it arrives at a spiral wooden bridge leading up to the final level of the map. It features automatic cart rollbacks which make the cart roll backwards if it is not being pushed by BLU team. After the struggle up the ramps, BLU are able to capture Point C and move on to the final section of the map.
- Final Control Point: Around the corner from the third control point lies the heart of RED base. A group of large buildings surrounding a wide hole in the ground. Once the cart arrives in the area it must be pushed up a small wooden incline before it can be dropped into the Final Control Point pit. Once the cart drops into the hole, BLU team wins the round and the cart's bomb will explode as soon as it hits the ground, destroying the center of the mountain base. This area features balconies and underground areas which RED can use to their defensive advantage. It also features windows and balconies connecting to buildings captured by BLU when the third control point is taken, these can be used to BLU's offensive advantage.
Main article: Community Upward strategy
- It's possible to get stuck in a support beam in front of BLU's first forward spawn by jumping while underneath it.
- Upward was officially revealed on Day 2 of The Engineer Update, but was previously shown in a screenshot given by Robin Walker a short while before.