From Team Fortress Wiki
Hey, I can see my base from here!
— The Scout reaps the benefits of triple jumping
The Atomizer is a melee weapon for the Scout. It is an aluminum bat with a black ribbed grip, and the Bonk! logo emblazoned on it surrounded by team-colored stripes.
The Atomizer grants the wielder the ability to triple jump, which deals 10 damage each time performed to the jumping Scout. In addition, the attack speed of the weapon is slowed by 30%, and damage dealt to enemies is reduced by 20%. Despite this, normal amount of damage is dealt to non-player objects such as buildings.
Taunting with this weapon equipped allows the Scout to perform the Home Run taunt kill.
Damage and function times
|Damage and function times
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.
As a Crafting Ingredient
|| Out of the Park|
Bat an enemy 25 meters.
June 23, 2011 Patch (Über Update)
- The Atomizer was added to the game.
June 27, 2011 Patch
- Fixed a problem that prevented the new Scout items from being used in crafting recipes.
- Added/Refined recoil/draw/crit/reload forces for all of the new weapons in the Über Update
July 1, 2011 Patch
- [Undocumented] The Atomizer was assigned the Home Run taunt.
- The backpack lists the triple jump and self-damage penalty in blue and therefore as a positive attribute, when it should be in white as a neutral attribute.
- The Atomizer was originally named The Atomic Punch.
- When performing a double or triple jump with the Atomizer equipped, a cloud of purple smoke will trail behind the Scout, as opposed to the normal white cloud.
- ↑ "TF2 - Polypack - BANG!" post on polycount.com forums, by user BANG!, May 25, 2011. Accessed June 23, 2011.