Voodoo-Cursed Spy Soul
The Voodoo-Cursed Spy Soul is a cosmetic item for the Spy. It transforms him into a zombie. However, it appears that only the Spy's skeleton remains, despite this the shapes of the Spy's ears and nose can clearly been seen through his balaclava. The bones of his upper right arm and both knees can be seen through his torn suit. He also has matching, bloody vertical wounds on the front and back of his chest, as if having been run through by a large knife, such as seen in Meet the Sniper.
This item can only be worn around Halloween or during a Full Moon; at other times of the year, it does not appear in gameplay, unless the server has Halloween mode enabled. However, it can be equipped at any time and can still be viewed on the loadout screen even when it is not visible during games.
- The Voodoo-Cursed Spy Soul was added to the game.
- In the VPK, the Spy's zombie head texture has a fully textured face, complete with blood. Due to the alpha mask of the texture, the Spy's skeleton face shows instead.
- This item first appeared on the teamfortress.com homepage, as a hidden link to information on the Spectral Halloween Special.
- When the Spy speaks with this item equipped, his balaclava animates, but his skull-face does not.
- Occasionally, eyes will show up in the eye-sockets and remain there until the game is restarted.
- When playing under DirectX 8, the zombie head texture will show in place of the skull in the Loadout Menu and Class Selection Menu. The item will regain the normal appearance when in-game, however.