The Voodoo Juju is a cosmetic item wearable by all classes. The Voodoo Juju is a gray John Bull-style top hat with a low brim, that has been decorated with a skull surrounded by hearts, skeletal fingers and two gold rings piercing the rim.
Using the Fabricate Halloween Headgear recipe yielded a 50% chance of crafting either a Voodoo Juju or Spine-Chilling Skull. As of the Very Scary Halloween Special Update, this is no longer possible as the recipe only results in one of three 2011 Spine-Chilling Skulls.
- [Undocumented] Added this item to the Mann Co. Store.
- [Undocumented] Some crafted Voodoo Jujus were made tradable.
- The Voodoo Juju is influenced by the Voodoo culture of Louisiana and Haiti.
- Juju, a word of West African origin, refers to the supernatural power ascribed to an object.
- Like several other Halloween hats, the Voodoo Juju does not have a randomly selected level when crafted or purchased. The level of the Voodoo Juju is always level 31, because Halloween is on the 31st of October.
- According to Valve, this hat was modeled by the same man that made Gollum's face in The Lord of the Rings film trilogy.
- Due to an error in the crafting system, an amount of Voodoo Juju hats that were crafted early on during the Scream Fortress event are tradable, without the use of Gift Wrap. This error has since been fixed, but the Voodoo Jujus crafted during this time remain tradable.