|“I built that.”
This page contains information about a custom map that is not an official Team Fortress 2 map.
To see official TF2 maps, go to here.
|Map type||Training Mode|
|File name:|| |
|Hazards:|| Sentries, Abomination,|
Walkway is a community-made singleplayer training map created by Washipato and Wiseguy149. It features AI bots that spawn and walk along the long walkway that runs down the whole map. There are various different options, toggled by shooting in-game buttons, that can customize the playfield to the player's taste. It is useful for headshot training, practicing jumps, and general practice. Other than just offering training help, it is an outstanding choice of map for testing out custom items and their functions, due to the versatile settings of bots.
The control room, adjacent to where the player spawns, is the nerve center of tr_walkway. It has many controls that will affect behaviors of the bots running along the walkway. These buttons affect everything a bot can do from jumping to strafing, whether or not to fire and more. These buttons can be activated by hitting them with any available weapon.
The walkway is a long strip with hills and a few overhanging catwalks which lead to a pit at the end. The bots on this map will run along this strip (all at the same speed) behaving according to whichever buttons the player has activated in the control room. Alongside the buttons in the control room, there are various controls in the walkway itself.
The sentry room is designed to help a player practice destroying sentry nests and Engineers that might be repairing them. This room has its own dedicated control room that allows for the placement of Engineer buildings, Engineers, and obstacles such as walls. The control room also has buttons to control such actions as having a placed Engineer automatically melee (repair buildings) or heal automatically.
Due to the way the map's bots are programmed, there are a number of bugs and altered behavior.
- After the June 2, 2015 Patch, the line
sv_allow_point_servercommand alwaysmust be entered in the console for bots and the other map events to work properly.
- Sniper spawn button has a broken model.
- All bots move at the same speed, regardless of their class, due to being pushed by an invisible wall that affects BLU team.
- Bullet hitboxes may not match the bot's current animation (i.e. they may be in the standing position while the bot is walking forward). This can affect ability to perform headshots.
- A specific button is included in the spawn room to spawn bots for headshot training. It rotates bots so that their head will better approximate the location of the hitbox.
- Bots stop moving if they walk on top of a teleporter.
- Stunned bots continue to move unimpeded.
- If bots are compression blasted on an incline while moving, they will stop in place until airblasted again.
- The button for spawing Heavies is not working properly.
- This is most likely a script error, as adding an AI Heavy bot requires the command "tf_bot_add HeavyWeapons", while a normal bot is spawned by "bot -class Heavy"
- The TF2 Official Blog made mention to Walkway in the November 18, 2009 blog post.
- Walkway houses a number of easter eggs.
- A bot spawner button can be found hidden in the rafter walkways, named "Release Endangered Species." When hit, the button changes all bots spawned to Spycrabs.
- Another bot spawner button can be found hidden near the Sentry Gun room, named "Spawn Abomination." When hit, an enormous Pyro, called "ThePyroOverlord" will appear outside of the front windows and use the Hadouken taunt, killing all players and bots in the map.
- If you get to 200 kills, a special door at the end of the track will open, leading to a room with three to four Level-3 BLU Sentry Guns. If the player can get through that room, an enormous friendly bot which can be any class named "Hoovy", will appear at a window. (Hoovy spawns outside, in the skybox.)
- After the Mann-Conomy Update in September 2010, the latest available version of the map (
rc2) could not be loaded. This was later fixed with the December 21, 2010 Patch.