From Team Fortress Wiki
Most WebAPI methods take the following arguments in their URL:
- Your Steam Web API key. Without this, the server will return an HTTP 403 (forbidden) error. A key can be generated here.
- format (Optional)
- The file format to return output in.
- language (Optional)
- The ISO639-1 language code for the language all tokenized strings should be returned in. Not all strings have been translated to every language. If a language does not have a string, the English string will be returned instead. If this parameter is omitted the string token will be returned for the strings.
A "tokenized string" refers to a string containing "
#"-prefixed tokens that are replaced with the equivalent string in the game's VDF for the chosen language. For instance, "
TF_Weapon_Jar" is defined as "
Jar Based Karate" in tf/resource/tf_english.txt (as found in "team fortress 2 content.gcf").
- Methods relating to Steam Apps in general.
- Methods relating to games' store's assets.
- Methods relating to Steam News.
- News feed for various games
- Methods relating to stored files.
- Methods relating to Steam users.
- Methods relating to User stats.
Game specific interfaces
- Methods relating to in-game items for supported games.
- Methods relating to Dota 2 matches.
- Information about DotaTV-supported leagues.
- A list of in-progress league matches, as well as details of that match as it unfolds.
- Information about a particular match.
- A list of matches, filterable by various parameters.
- A list of matches ordered by their sequence num.
- A list of scheduled league games coming up.
- A list of all the teams set up in-game.
- Methods relating to Dota 2.
- Methods relating to Portal 2 Leaderboards.
Other undocumented interfaces
List of IDs
For a complete list, see GetAppList.
- Counter Strike: Source Beta
- Team Fortress 2
- Team Fortress 2 Public Beta
- Dota 2
- Portal 2
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Beta Dev
- Dota 2 internal test
- Portal 2 Beta
- Dota 2 (beta) test
Methods Requiring a 64-bit User ID
Most API requests that take an ID parameter require a 64 bit ID, if one is not readily available a vanity URL part can be resolved via ResolveVanityURL.
- Steam Condenser Ruby, PHP, and Java library.
- dota-2-engine PHP base framework for dota 2 api .
- Steamodd Python module.
- tf2api.py A Python module for TF2 items. Used on TF2 Find.
- Feedback for requests, suggestions, and issues.