From Team Fortress Wiki
| Well (Arena)
| Basic Information
| Map Type: || Arena
| File name: || |
| Developer(s): || Valve
| Map Items
| Ammo Boxes:
|| ×2 • ×2 • ×2
Well is an Arena map, a modified version of Well (Control Point). It, along with Lumberyard, Ravine, Granary (Arena), and Badlands (Arena), was released with the Heavy Update as one of the first official Arena maps for Team Fortress 2.
Well (Arena) consists mainly of the Control Point version's central capture point area. Other areas are blocked off and inaccessible. Spawn points for each team are moved further up, and the large water channels have been removed in favor of small pools that directly connect with the main building.
The goal is to eliminate the entire enemy team or capture the central control point.
An Overview of The Arena Well Map
Central Building (Mid)
Where most of the fighting takes place, the Central Building is an identical copy of Well's regular mid.
- Entrances: The building is marked by its four doors, two on either side separated by train carts.
- Catwalk (Point): Connected by four ramps, the point it self is located on a catwalk suspended above the ground level of the central building.
- Train Rails: Along the ground level of the Central Building are two train rails which run through the Entrances. Beware as trains often running through them.
- Battlements: Across from the central point are the battlements which overlook the spawn yard, a common spot for Snipers and Soldiers to safely pick off enemies.
Train Yards (Spawn Areas)
The area between the corresponding team's spawn room and the Central Building. The yards are somewhat identical copies of Well's train yards except the main base entrances have been replaced with a single small spawn room, the waterways have been removed, and train cars moved.
- Waterways: A pair of subterranean water pools connecting the outside of the buildings with the inside. These are often used by Spies to quickly enter the building, Cloak, cross, and exit to get behind the enemy.
- Boxcars: Right outside the spawn are two boxcars stopped on the rail tracks. These can be used as cover when a losing team must retreat or resort to turtling.
Central Building, identical to CP_Well's central point.
- When the player leaves the BLU spawn it is possible to Stickyjump up onto the speaker that is directly above.
Control Point Timing
| Capture point
August 19, 2008 Patch (A Heavy Update)
- Added this map to the game.
March 8, 2012 Patch
- Updated the skybox.
- Made some miscellaneous material improvements.