|Map type||Capture the Flag|
|Developer(s):||John Cook |
2Fort5 is a Capture the Flag map in Team Fortress. While Team Fortress had no official maps, 2Fort5 was one of the most popular. When Valve hired the developers of Team Fortress, the popularity of the map led the developers to recreate it for Team Fortress Classic as 2Fort, and eventually for Team Fortress 2 as 2Fort.
- The objective is to go the other team's base, take the flag in the basement, and bring the flag to your battlements to score points.
- There are different versions of the map, but 2Fort5 is the final version by the TF team, released on November 30, 1997.
- Bridge: The Bridge is at the middle of the map, with water beneath it. It is the primary connection between the two bases. At each end of the bridge, there is a small grassy area with two ramps leading up to two doors. Like in Team Fortress Classic's 2Fort, There is no roof for cover on the bridge, unlike in Team Fortress 2's 2Fort.
- Battlements: The battlements are an area near each of the two spawns for each team. They are raised to give the player occupying them a height advantage. It serves as a great area for Snipers to shoot from because they can stay there without being hurt by the enemy. It also contains the flag capture zone. Team Fortress Classic's 2Fort keeps the capture zone on the battlements, but Team Fortress 2's 2Fort moves the capture zone to the flag room.
- The Caves: In the water under the bridge, there are two waterlogged caves that lead into a spiral staircase, leading into each base. In Team Fortress 2 this was changed into a sewer featuring knee-deep water and a different layout, but the same general idea. This is the only flank route between the two bases.
- Basement: The basement is an area deep in the back of each team's base. There are two ways to get into the basement, one being an elevator that only the base's team can take, and the other being a spiral ramp. The elevator was changed to a staircase in Team Fortress 2 in order to have an alternative exit route. Just outside of the elevator room, there is a supply room, closed off to to the enemy team. Also in the basement is the flag room, that houses the flag the other team is meant to capture.
- Flag Room: The Flag Room is a large room that contains the flag. Sentry Guns, grenades, and other defenses are commonly placed here.
- 2Fort5 is based on FORTRESS.WAD by Ben Fletcher, a custom Doom map, as mentioned in a 1997 interview with Robin Walker.