The Ap-Sap is a promotional building weapon for the Spy. It is a flattened Wheatley core with a glowing blue eye, that has voice lines which are activated upon certain circumstances such as deploying a Sapper, death, and more. The eyelid of the Ap-Sap moves as it talks and widens when in range of a sappable building.
This weapon functions identically to the Sapper.
Damage and function times
|Damage and function times|
|Base damage||100%||25 / s|
|Recharge time|| |
15 s :
|Building destroy time|| |
6.00 s :
7.20 s :
8.64 s :
4.00 s :
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.|
- The Ap-Sap was added to the game.
- Fixed the Spy not holding Sappers correctly in third person.
- Updated the Ap-Sap so it can be gift-wrapped and have custom names/descriptions applied to it.
- [Undocumented] Added the Ap-Sap to the Mann Co. Store.
- Fixed the Ap-Sap causing stuttering on dedicated servers.
- Decreased the damage penalty on Sentry Guns sapped by the Spy from -66% to -33% (i.e. shooting a Sentry the Spy sapped with a Revolver is now more effective).
- The attribute Place on enemy buildings to disable and slowly drain away its health. Placing a Sapper does not remove your disguise is missing.
- Upon a feigned death with the Dead Ringer, neither a model is dropped nor a death response is heard by the user or other players.
- When an Engineer removes this Sapper from a building, the Ap-Sap may respond as if the building was successfully sapped.
- The Ap-Sap does not glow when crit-boosted.
- In Mann vs. Machine, after sapping a robot, the Ap-Sap will repeatedly continue to say hacking voice lines, once it has recharged.
- When inspecting the Ap-Sap, the eyelids will not move if a voice line is active.
- If a voice line is active, then the Ap-Sap is inspected, the eyelids will revert back to normal and not move.
- Stephen Merchant reprises his role as the voice of Wheatley for the Ap-Sap.
- The name of the item is a portmanteau of "Aperture" and "Sapper".
- The description mentions GLaDOS, the main villain from the Portal franchise. It also mentions the Aperture Science facilities.