The Barely-Melted Capacitor is a miscellaneous item. The text on it reads '6.22V1800'. Along with the Fireproof Secret Diary, this item was not visibly affected by the Pyromania Update, and was not removed in the July 11, 2012 Patch.
- [Undocumented] The Damaged Capacitor was added to the game.
- [Undocumented] Equipping the Eliminating The Impossible now shows new descriptions for the Goldfish, Pocket Lint, Cheese Wheel, Banana Peel, Barn Door Plank, Secret Diary, and Damaged Capacitor.
- [Undocumented] The Damaged Capacitor is one of the two Mysterious treasures, along with the Secret Diary not incinerated into a small pile of ash. It was renamed Barely-Melted Capacitor, and it is not valid as one of the crafting ingredients for the Pile of Ash.
- [Undocumented] The Barely-Melted Capacitor is now a miscellaneous item, equippable by all classes.
August 11, 2012 Patch #2
- [Undocumented] The Barely-Melted Capacitor can no longer be equipped in both miscellaneous slots at the same time.
- This item does not appear in the Mann Co. Catalog.
- This item is labeled as an Ash in-game.
- Equipping the Eliminating The Impossible set will change the Damaged Capacitor description to " in such places, and ...", with random characters removed, which is a part of a quote from the "The Adventure of the Copper Beeches" short story, part of The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes collection. When combined with the other items added in the June 19, 2012 Patch, the full quote reads "Think of the deeds of hellish cruelty, the hidden wickedness which may go on, year in, year out, in such places, and none the wiser."
- A blog post was made by the Pyro on the TF2 Official Website on June 22, 1500 EDT. This date and time corresponds with the larger set of numbers on the Damaged Capacitor.
- The smaller set of numbers along the bottom of the capacitor read 07180125. When split into four and translated into letters (A = 1, B = 2, etc), it reads "GRAY".