Upon taunting with the Frontier Justice equipped, the Engineer pulls out his trusty guitar, plays a chord, and then bashes it over the head of any enemy slow, unaware, or unfortunate enough to be in the way, breaking the guitar.
Upon a successful hit, the enemy's head will appear to be pounded into their chest. This dischord taunt has a wide range, making it capable of killing an enemy standing on the Engineer's head at the time. The range, however, does not extend below as it will not kill an enemy the Engineer is standing on.
Damage and function times
|Damage and function times|
|Taunt duration||4 s|
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.|
- The Dischord taunt was added to the game.
- In world view, other players may see the Engineer playing the Frontier Justice as a guitar instead of the actual guitar itself. This also occurs in freeze cams, but it does not occur in client view.
- If the server variable
tf_allow_taunt_switchis set to 1 or 2, several guitar gibs will fall out of the player as soon as they start the taunt and quick-switch away from the Frontier Justice. Constantly switching weapons will cause a flood of guitar parts to fall from the player. These guitar parts can only be seen in client view.
- The guitar was first featured in Meet the Engineer, and was seen at the end of Meet the Medic.
- The chord that the Engineer plays before smashing his guitar appears to be Eadd9.
- The three sounds the guitar can make as it breaks were taken from Left 4 Dead 2.
- An unused taunt existed around the time of the Engineer Update where Engineer would pull out his guitar and play it for a while. This taunt was probably replaced by Dischord.
- The name of the taunt is a play on the word "Discord", which means "A disagreement between people".