The Dueling Banjo is an Action taunt for the Engineer. When activated, a haystack will appear behind the Engineer while he pulls out a banjo, he will then sit down and begin playing it. When the player ends the taunt, the Engineer will place the banjo next to the haystack and get up after which the props will disappear behind him. Pressing Alt-Fire will increase the tempo at which the Engineer plays, and smoke will begin to rise from his hands. Pressing Primary Fire will return the taunt to its original tempo.
- Added the Dueling Banjo to the game.
- The music played from the Dueling Banjo will loop indefinitely if the taunt is viewed in the inventory or Mann Co. Store. It can be stopped by changing map, joining a server, or typing
snd_restartin the console.
- It's possible to fire a wrangled Sentry while the taunt is initiated.
- If a player kills themselves with the use of the console while the Banjo is in its second "phase" (when it starts smoking), they will respawn and retain the smoke around their hands.
- Occasionally, the smoke effect from the banjo and bale of hay under the Engineer may not spawn at all.
- The taunt description and name refer to the movie Deliverance, where the main character with a guitar has a 'duel' with a banjo-playing country boy at the beginning of the movie with the song Dueling Banjos playing in the background.
- Playing the Dueling Banjo taunt with the Brundle Bundle Set on will increase the Pitch of the Banjo by 145% just like it would the Engineer's voice.