Difference between revisions of "Eureka Effect"
m (Not a bug)
m (→Unused content: Worded a little different to not be 2 oddly indented bullets)
|Line 106:||Line 106:|
== Unused content ==
== Unused content ==
* There idle particle designed for the tip of the electrodean impact particle.
== Bugs ==
== Bugs ==
Revision as of 14:44, 16 June 2014
The Eureka Effect is a melee weapon for the Engineer. It is a retro-futuristic pipe wrench with a team-colored handle and an atomic symbol etched into the top of it. A spiral antenna, not unlike a Tesla coil, is attached to the head. A switch near the top of the grip is connected to a red wire that is plugged into the bottom of the antenna.
Using this weapon will cause the Engineer to take twice as much time when upgrading and repairing buildings.
By pressing the reload key, a menu will appear with options on where to teleport to. Choosing either will cause the Engineer to perform a taunt for approximately 2 seconds with the weapon, during which he hoists his wrench into the air and is struck by a bolt of lightning, causing him to be teleported directly to his chosen destination. Choosing the respawn room option gives him full ammunition, health and removes all effects caused by other players in the process and allows him to change his loadout, similar to touching a resupply cabinet. Choosing the Teleporter exit option will instantly move the Engineer to his Teleporter's exit, provided one has been fully built. A Teleporter entrance is not required for this option, and it will not cause the Teleporter system to need to recharge afterwards. Neither destination will leave the usual team-colored particle trails at the player's feet. The taunt cannot be activated if the player is in the air or in water.
Using the Pip-Boy will change the GUI similar to that of the destroy and build GUI's.
Damage and function times
|Damage and function times|
|Ranged or Melee damage?||Melee|
|Damage repaired per hit||50|
|Metal cost per repairing hit||1 + damage / 5|
|Metal cost for reloading ammo|| 1 / bullet|
2 / rocket salvo
|Attack interval||0.8 s|
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.|
|Dr. Grordbort's Brainiac Pack|
|Jag||Reclaimed Metal||Eureka Effect|
|Class Token - Engineer||Slot Token - Melee||Scrap Metal|
As a crafting ingredient
|Eureka Effect||Reclaimed Metal||Rescue Ranger|
- The Eureka Effect was added to the game.
- Fixed an exploit with The Eureka Effect where the effects could activate without taunting in high-lag situations.
- Added crafting blueprint for the Eureka Effect.
- Fixed the death notice icon for the Eureka Effect.
- Added Collector's quality.
- Changed attributes:
- Can now pickup buildings.
- Repair and upgrade rates have been decreased.
- Can teleport to your spawn room or your Teleporter Exit.
June 11, 2014 Patch #2
- Updated the materials for The Eureka Effect HUD to support mat_picmip.
- There are two unused particles. An idle particle designed for the tip of the electrode, and an impact particle.
- Because the Eureka Effect functions like an instant respawn, it will still replenish metal, ammo, and health in Arena mode and during Sudden Death, remove stored Revenge Crits if the Frontier Justice is equipped, and remove any crit boost status (such as crits during Humiliation) or debuff status (such as Jarate and being marked for death). This only applies if choosing to teleport to spawn, rather than the Teleporter exit.
- If the player suffers knockback during the taunt, they will teleport before the animation completes.
- The weapon's teleportation ability bears resemblance to the Instant Teleport, a scrapped secondary weapon which would teleport the Engineer to his Teleporter Exit.
- The name is derived from the term eureka effect, any sudden unexpected discovery, or the sudden realization of the solution to a problem.
- This weapon is called the Wrenchmotron 600 on the Dr. Grordbort's website. The Eureka Effect is listed as an "electrifying taunt" there.