It is a ranged weapon that can be thrown at enemies to damage them, causing bleed damage, but it has no effect against buildings or after bouncing off a surface. Throwing the weapon from a far enough distance and hitting an enemy will result in a mini-crit. Hitting enemies that are stunned will result in a guaranteed critical hit, however the weapon will not deal random critical hits. Once the weapon is thrown, it will recharge after approximately six seconds. Unlike the projectile of the Sandman or Wrap Assassin, it cannot be picked up from the ground to refill the meter. Like most projectiles, the cleaver can be reflected by an enemy Pyro's Compression blast.
The Flying Guillotine has two different styles, Thirsty and Thirstier. Thirstier adds bloodstains to the blade of the weapon.
Damage and function times
|Damage and function times|
|Bleeding (mini-crit)|| |
|Attack interval||0.25 s|
|Recharge time||6 s|
|Bleeding duration||5 s|
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.|
|Mad Milk||Reclaimed Metal||Flying Guillotine|
|Class Token - Scout||Slot Token - Secondary||Scrap Metal|
- The Flying Guillotine was added to the game.
- This weapon is now available in Medieval mode.
- [Undocumented] Adjusted the way that the Flying Guillotine is held in the Scout's hand.
- [Undocumented] Added Flying Guillotine to the drop system.
- The cleaver can go through thin walls such as setup gates when thrown at the correct angle.
- This item's level does not show up in the backpack or loadout.
- If the style is changed while the weapon is drawn, the appearance will not change in client view until the weapon is switched.
- Critical hit kills with this weapon do not trigger critical hit death screams.
- The recharge meter on the HUD may be labeled as "leaver" when using the minimal HUD setting.
- The characters on one side of the blade (looking at the cleaver with handle on left, blade pointing downwards) are mirrored.
- The Flying guillotine is a ranged weapon from the Qing Dynasty that is usually in the form of a hat.
- Flying Guillotine 1st person.png
First-person view, Thirsty style.
- Flying Guillotine blood 1st person.png
First-person view, Thirstier style.
Promotional image featuring the Sleeping Dogs promotional items.