There are four seperate styles for the HazMat Headcase. The second style, titled "Reinforced", adds a metal visor over the mask along with a radioactive trefoil symbol on the back of the helmet, the "Streamlined" style removes the right breathing filter, and the final style, "A Serious Absence of Fear" adds the metal visor and radiation symbol, while also removing the right filter.
|Safety First||Reinforced||Streamlined||A Serious Absence of Fear|
- The HazMat Headcase was added to the game.
- [Undocumented] The HazMat Headcase was added to the drop system and can now be unboxed with Unusual quality.
- Added Pyromania cosmetic items to the Mann Co. Store
- Unusual particles come out of Pyro's chest, rather than out of the HazMat Headcase.
- Changing styles in backpack while connected to a server may sometimes cause a game-crashing bug.
- The HazMat Headcase was originally designed around a piece of concept art for Team Fortress 2. Valve felt the design too closely mimicked their own art, so they initially rejected the item. The creators then recreated the hat in a new style, with a visual distinction from the concept art.
- There is a hidden note in the bottom right hand corner of the Headcase's textures reading "SW <3 PR 4evr", meaning "Sparkwire loves Primrose forever", both of them being the item's creators.