The Neon Annihilator is a melee weapon for the Pyro. It is a neon sign with the Chinese word for "bar" (酒吧, jiǔbā), and appears to have been pulled off a wall, judging by the orientation of the characters. The neon tubes on the sides of the weapon are team-colored and glow in the dark. A yellow-coloured plastic wire is seen strung from the neon lights to the back of the weapon, where it is connected via a small power compartment. The base of the sign also has four thick, crooked bolts, giving the impression that the weapon itself was torn from its permanent fixture from a wall. An electrical sound is heard when swinging.
The weapon deals 20% less damage to players and does not perform random critical hits; however, any attack on an enemy covered in Jarate, Mad Milk, swimming, or simply standing in water of any depth will deal critical damage. In addition, enemies are considered wet for five seconds after leaving a water source. Furthermore, the Neon Annihilator can damage Sappers.
Enemies killed by the Neon Annihilator suffer a distinctive death by vaporization: they turn black, hover in mid-air while performing a specific disintegration animation surrounded by team-colored particles, and then disappear into ashes.
Damage and function times
|Damage and function times|
|Attack interval||0.8 s|
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.|
|Third Degree||Reclaimed Metal||Neon Annihilator|
|Class Token - Pyro||Slot Token - Melee||Scrap Metal|
- The Neon Annihilator was added to the game.
- Updated the Neon Annihilator
- Materials now animate
- Damage penalty only applies to players (not buildings)
- Can damage Sappers
- [Undocumented] Added Neon Annihilator to the drop system.
- Made this item in genuine quality tradable and giftable.
- There is a broken model intended to be used on critical hit kills, similar to the Bottle.
- The Neon Annihilator lacks a physics model, causing the item to stand up awkwardly on death.
- Genuine Neon Annihilators do not play the bass guitar riff when taunting. This is due to the promotional item having a different item entry from the crafted ones.
- The battery's texture has a nod to the Facepunch forums on it ("def2fp"). The BLU team skin was originally going to say "props2fp" but was changed by Valve. 
- On the Update Page the damage penalty is incorrectly labeled as a firing speed penalty.
- The weapon was originally pitched as a Chinese lantern. The idea was ultimately dropped at Valve's suggestion that it too closely resembled the Baleful Beacon, a weapon that is currently unused.
Various Concepts for the Neon Annihilator and the Champ Stamp.
Promotional image featuring the Sleeping Dogs promotional items.