The Original is a promotional primary weapon for the Soldier. Styled after the weapon from Quake, it is a bulky, tan rocket launcher with a metallic tubular exhaust port, metallic and tan handles, as well as a distinctive oversized barrel.
This weapon functions like the Rocket Launcher, yet has additional minor changes. As with the Rocket Launcher in Quake, the Original's first-person view model is at the bottom-center of the screen, and its rockets are launched straight ahead of the Soldier, as opposed to being fired at an angle. The Soldier holds the weapon normally in third-person view.
Damage and function times
|Damage and function times|
|Minimum splash||50%|| 9 ft
|Damage reduction||1% /|
|Self damage (rocket jump)||27-46|
|Attack interval||0.8 s|
|Reload (first)||0.92 s|
|Reload (consecutive)||0.8 s|
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.|
|Scrap Metal||Reclaimed Metal||Original|
|Class Token - Soldier||Slot Token - Primary||Scrap Metal|
- The Original was added to the game.
- Updated The Original so it can be purchased/crafted/traded/found
- Updated the gamehaptics file
- Added draw/recoil/reload/crit forces for the Original
- [Undocumented] Fixed disguised Spies holding the Rocket Launcher.
- [Undocumented] Gave the Original a unique crafting blueprint.
- [Undocumented] Updated the Original's crit sound effect to now be in stereo.
- The game files contain additional remastered sounds from Quake, such as explosions, picking up items, and using chat.
- The firing sound effect will not play when high quality stereo is enabled.
- The reloading sound effect does not play, instead, it defaults to the Rocket Launcher's reload sound.
- Most of the sounds triggered by the use of this weapon were remastered from the original Quake Rocket Launcher.
The Rocket Launcher in first-person view in both Quake and Team Fortress.
- Original strategy
- Rocket Launcher (Classic)
- Rocket Launcher
- Direct Hit
- Black Box
- Liberty Launcher
- Beggar's Bazooka