The Original is a promotional primary weapon for the Soldier. Styled after the weapon from Quake, it is a bulky, tan rocket launcher with a metallic tubular exhaust port, metallic and tan handles, as well as a distinctive oversized barrel.
This weapon functions like the Rocket Launcher, yet has additional minor changes. As with the Rocket Launcher in Quake, the Original's first-person view model is at the bottom-center of the screen, and its rockets are launched straight ahead of the Soldier, as opposed to being fired at an angle. The Soldier holds the weapon normally in third-person view.
This item was awarded in Genuine quality to players who purchased Quake 4 on Steam before 10AM PDT (5PM UTC) on August 8, 2011. It will also be awarded to players who purchase the Quakecon Bundle before August 6th, 2012 at 10AM PDT.
Damage and function times
|Damage and function times|
|Minimum splash||50%|| 9 ft
|Damage reduction||1% /|
|Self damage (rocket jump)||27-46|
|Attack interval||0.8 s|
|Reload (first)||0.92 s|
|Reload (consecutive)||0.8 s|
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.|
|Scrap Metal||Reclaimed Metal||Original|
|Class Token - Soldier||Slot Token - Primary||Scrap Metal|
- The Original was added to the game.
- Updated The Original so it can be purchased/crafted/traded/found
- Updated the gamehaptics file
- Added draw/recoil/reload/crit forces for the Original
- [Undocumented] Fixed disguised Spies holding the Rocket Launcher.
- [Undocumented] Gave the Original a unique crafting blueprint.
- [Undocumented] Updated the Original's crit sound effect to now be in stereo.
- The game files contain additional remastered sounds from Quake, such as explosions, picking up items, and using chat.
- The firing sound effect will not play when high quality stereo is enabled.
- The reloading sound effect does not play, instead, it defaults to the Rocket Launcher's reload sound.
- Most of the sounds triggered by the use of this weapon were remastered from the original Quake Rocket Launcher.
The Rocket Launcher in first-person view in both Quake and Team Fortress.
- Original strategy
- Rocket Launcher (Classic)
- Rocket Launcher
- Direct Hit
- Black Box
- Liberty Launcher
- Beggar's Bazooka