|“Let's go, let's go, let's go!”
This article documents a recent addition. It may contain speculation, broken links or errors.
You can help improve it by editing this page to include new information.
|“What are you lookin' at?!”
This page or section would benefit from the addition of one or more images.
Please add a suitable image, then remove this notice.
Instead of damaging buildings, the Red-Tape Recorder forces them to go through a reversal of the building process: any applicable upgrade animations are played in reverse, followed by the building packing itself up into a toolbox. This destroys the building and leaves the toolbox behind as a weapon pickup. Destroying the Recorder will allow the building to reconstruct but not restore any lost levels.
The Recorder has five different sounds for when it is sapping a building.
|Spy-cicle||Spy-cicle||Spy-cicle||Reclaimed Metal||Red-Tape Recorder|
- The Red-Tape Recorder was added to the game.
- When sapping a Mini-Sentry with the Red-Tape Recorder, the toolbox at the end of the animation will be much smaller than a normal toolbox.
- A downgraded building will not have its health reduced to the lower level, and if upgraded afterwards will take on an additional health increase. For example, when downgrading a level 3 Sentry to level 1, it will keep the 216 HP from the level 3 state and will keep gaining max HP when upgrading it again.
- Attaching a regular Sapper on a Sentry Gun affected by this glitch will result in a server crash.
- The Homewrecker can't destroy the Red-Tape Recorder in one hit.
- The Red-Tape Recorder does not glow when crit boosted.
- This weapon's name references the term "red tape", which refers to bureaucracy that hinders or prevents action or decision-making.
- The Chinese characters on the Red-Tape Recorder, "反砲塔", can be directly translated as "Anti-Cannon Tower".