The Shred Alert is an action item for all classes. When activated, the user pulls out a black, v-shaped guitar with team-colored decals, and plays a quick metal riff accompanied with pyrotechnics and spotlights, finishing off with a lightning strike.
- The Shred Alert was added to the game.
- Fixed not hearing the sound for the Shred Alert taunt while playing Mann Vs. Machine.
- Fixed players spamming the Shred Alert taunt in spawn rooms by changing their loadout presets.
- Removed the promo restrictions from the Shred Alert.
- Updated some of the animations for the Shred Alert taunt.
- The Shred Alert has an unused kill icon.
- Being damaged while taunting while using the Sandvich and reskin variants or Buffalo Steak Sandvich will cause it to enter cooldown.
- Taunting while using the Sandman or Wrap Assassin will cause the ball/bauble to disappear in client view.
- As with most other taunts, performing the Shred Alert taunt and sliding off a ledge or being knocked into the air will cancel the taunt but not its animation. However, it will also leave the taunt's particle effects at the place the taunt was initially performed.
- This will also occur if the player is killed during the taunt animation.
- Taunting as a Demoman while using the Ullapool Caber will taunt with the Ullapool Caber instead of the guitar.
- The guitar may be colored incorrectly when used with certain weapons.
- The taunt's name is a play on the words "red alert", meaning the highest level of alert in military or civil defense.
- The description refers to Yngwie Malmsteen, a Swedish guitarist who has been playing neo-classical style heavy metal music since the 1980's.