Upon taunting with the Huntsman equipped, the Sniper will remove the prepped arrow from his bow, spin it behind him, and then fiercely stab it forward before yanking it back, killing any enemy player slow, unaware, or simply unfortunate enough to be in the way.
The initial stab with the arrow itself will stun the victim, and pulling the arrow free will inflict the killing blow. As the stunning stab and killing pull are separate actions, it is possible to succeed with one but fail with the other depending on whether the enemy is within range. Because of this, two Snipers wielding the Huntsman can create an infinite stun loop without killing each other, commonly known as a "Staring Contest".
The stun effect of the taunt works on both ÜberCharged enemies and enemies under the effects of Bonk! Atomic Punch, but will not kill them. Stunning the Medic in this fashion will break the ÜberCharge connection to his patient.
As with all kill taunts, this taunt can be used to kill enemy players during humiliation and stalemates.
Damage and function times
| Damage and function times
| Point blank
|| 0 + 500
| Function times
| Taunt duration
|| 4 s
| Values are approximate and determined by community testing.
Stab an enemy with an arrow.
May 21, 2009 Patch (Sniper vs. Spy Update)
- The taunt was added to the game.
May 5, 2011 Patch (Replay Update)
- [Undocumented] Added a voice response for the Skewer taunt.
- While stunned, the Sniper can still stun and kill others with this taunt. This could be executed by pointing your cross-hair at the target and rapidly hitting the taunt key or pressing it at the correct moment.
- If a Pyro ignites the player's arrow and the player taunts, the arrow will appear unlit. The arrow will still burn after the taunt.
- In Mann vs Machine mode, the Sniper will use the Sniper Robot's voice line when using this taunt
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7XDbzxpGJM