Talk:Golden Frying Pan
- 1 How do you obtain this item?
- 2 Trivia
- 3 Strange Bacon Grease
- 4 Do we really need this page?
- 5 All Golden Pans are strange and killstreak enabled by default
- 6 Add this picture?
- 7 In-game HUD
- 8 Disagreeing about removing bug section in GFP page
- 9 Still needs 3-D model
- 10 No backstab animation
- 11 List
How do you obtain this item?
There is a lot of heat surrounding this item, people say it's for the Ready Steady Pan competition, others say it's from MvM. Can anyone shed light on this? Thanks! — The preceding unsigned comment was added by Chick8ed (talk) • (contribs)
- This really hasn't been confirmed yet - time will tell more. Also, signing your comments made easy - end your message with ~~~~ for a signature and a timestamp. contribs ▪ talk) 15:40, 23 November 2013 (PST) (
- Looking at it, you get it for completing one of the new MvM missions or the new tour, but probably the latter one. --Omolong (talk) 17:10, 25 November 2013 (PST)
- Nope, that'd count as X of Y trivia - see the trivia guidelines (contribs ▪ talk) 17:47, 23 November 2013 (PST)
Strange Bacon Grease
- Its in the mechanics of the item, but there is also no way to get it as of yet. It is true, but can't be in the game. It would be like saying it can't be painted. ImBlue (talk) 10:15, 24 November 2013 (PST)
Do we really need this page?
- Yes. It's a unique weapon, with its own entry in the item schema. —Moussekateer·talk 10:02, 24 November 2013 (PST)
- To expand a bit, unlike Festives/Botkillers (which are also unique items in the schema) this one has a unique attribute and is equippable on 2 more classes than the regular Pan, making it basically an entirely unique weapon. It's got fairly unique differences from the normal pan, that warrant its own page. Balladofwindfishes (talk) 08:51, 25 November 2013 (PST)
All Golden Pans are strange and killstreak enabled by default
- Then remove it, dear ned. You have a wiki cap - you should still be able to remember how to edit pages. — Armisael (T · C) 06:55, 26 November 2013 (PST)
Add this picture?
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/720870441705139796/CFB4EC481C622236E5137587A1A2C9652AC49078/ Could this be something to add to show how the In-game notification looked like? Baraklava 03:37, 27 November 2013 (PST)
- Messing around with items_game.txt lets you load any item from schema. What's this a barrier to, though? Darkid (|) 08:54, 3 December 2013 (PST)
Disagreeing about removing bug section in GFP page
When I said about the bug(s), they weren't lies. I can confirm that they were bugs because I encountered AnaidonSoul (one of the Golden Frying Pan owners) ingame and his Weapon Demonstration of it. Redconer (talk) 07:58, 1 January 2014 (PST)
- It wasn't an issue about the bugs not being true, it's just that the bug you added was unclear. Just saying that the Engineer holds it incorrectly is quite a vague description of the bug, and doesn't really explain what the bug is. --Omolong (talk) 08:17, 1 January 2014 (PST)
- No; your description of the bug was unclear to the point of inutility. I made the demonstration and I have no idea how the engineer holds the pan immediately after having read what you added. — Armisael (T · C) 20:13, 5 February 2014 (PST)
Still needs 3-D model
No backstab animation
- I'm pretty sure that none of the all class weapons have a backstab animation for the Spy. This was likely intentional for some reason, so it's not a bug. --Omolong (talk) 22:24, 30 July 2014 (PDT)
- Isn't the only other all-class melee that's usable by the Spy a Saxxy? And yeah, the Saxxy also doesn't have a backstab animation. Can't think of any reason it's intentional though. Seems like every spy knife uses the same backstab animation, except the Sharp Dresser. 339683032 (talk) 23:55, 30 July 2014 (PDT)
Should we have a list of the people who own a Golden Frying Pan? It can be like the one for Gold Wrenches, but it will be updated more when others get it. This is rarer than others, so should we create a list of owners of Gold Pans? Legomaster445 (talk) 07:22, 13 September 2014 (PDT)
- Different than the Golden Wrench, the pan is still obtainable, the list would need keep updating every time when someone obtains it, and it would be kinda difficult to find the owners. On the Engineer Update page, all the owners have links to their profiles, making the job way easier. The list should be for events, like Saxxy Awards, Polycount Pack, etc. So I do think it shouldn't be added, one day there will be like 200 pans, because they're still obtainable by playing Mann Up, and it will need to be added every time someone drops it, as well it's not really interesting as the other items. ▪ - 08:22, 13 September 2014 (PDT)