I don't think they saw that one comin'!
— The Demoman on turning while charging
Ali Baba's Wee Booties are a community-created primary weapon for the Demoman. They are a pair of steel pointed boots, curved up at the tip, that replace the Demoman's standard boots.
These boots provide the player with a 25 health bonus, and a 10% faster movement speed bonus. In addition, they triple the player's turning control while charging with either the Chargin' Targe or Splendid Screen, allowing the Demoman's charge to be maneuvered more easily. Melee kills with this weapon equipped will result in a 25% charge recovery.
This weapon functions in exactly the same way as the Bootlegger.
As a crafting ingredient
June 23, 2011 Patch (Über Update)
- Ali Baba's Wee Booties were added to the game.
June 27, 2011 Patch
September 16, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Ali Baba's Wee Booties not drawing correctly on disguised Spies.
October 13, 2011 Patch (Manniversary Update & Sale)
- Fixed Demoman weapons primary/secondary being backwards in the loadout screen.
November 12, 2013 Patch
June 11, 2014 Patch
- Fixed several cosmetic items not cloaking properly for the Spy.
December 22, 2014 Patch (Smissmas 2014)
- Added +25% Demo Charge meter on charge kill.
- [Undocumented] The Ali Baba's Wee Booties now have a 200% increase in turn control rather than 100%.
July 2, 2015 Patch #1 (Gun Mettle Update)
- Changed attributes:
- Added +10% movement speed bonus.
- Changed 25 charge on charge kill to 25 charge on melee kill.
- If a Spy changes their disguise from a different class to a Demoman wearing either Ali Baba's Wee Booties or the Bootlegger, their disguise weapon will be that of the previous disguise. For example, if they were a Pyro wielding the Degreaser before changing to a Demoman wearing the Booties/Bootlegger, their disguise will still be wielding the Degreaser, but be a Demoman to enemy players.
- Ali Baba is a fictional character from the story "Ali Baba & the Forty Thieves", a short story featured in the book One Thousand and One Nights, the latter of which was the inspiration for the Demoman's One Thousand and One Demoknights pack.
- The boots are styled after a particular form of shoe curved at the toe that was popular in the Middle East between the twelfth and nineteenth centuries.
, Scottish Handshake
, Conscientious Objector
, Freedom Staff
, Bat Outta Hell
, Memory Maker
, Ham Shank
, Necro Smasher
, Crossing Guard
) · Eyelander
(Horseless Headless Horsemann's Headtaker
, Nessie's Nine Iron
) · Pain Train · Scotsman's Skullcutter · Ullapool Caber · Claidheamh Mòr · Half-Zatoichi · Persian Persuader