Ali Baba's Wee Booties
I don't think they saw that one comin'!
— The Demoman on turning while charging
Ali Baba's Wee Booties are a community-created primary weapon for the Demoman. They are a pair of steel pointed boots, curved up at the tip, that replaces the Demoman's standard boots. They are functionally identical to the Bootlegger.
These boots provide the player with a 25 health bonus, and a 10% faster movement speed bonus if the user has also equipped a Shield, such as the Chargin' Targe, Splendid Screen, or Tide Turner. In addition, they triple the player's turning control while charging with either the Chargin' Targe or Splendid Screen, allowing the Demoman's charge to be maneuvered more easily. Melee kills with this weapon equipped result in a 25% charge recovery. The maximum possible overheal is also raised to 300 HP and 251 HP from the Quick-Fix.
|One Thousand and One Demoknights|
|Mantreads||Gloves of Running Urgently||Ali Baba's Wee Booties|
|Class Token - Demoman||Slot Token - Primary||Scrap Metal||Possible Results|
As a crafting ingredient
|Refined Metal||1,001 Demoknights weapon||Sultan's Ceremonial|
|Reclaimed Metal||Chargin' Targe||Ali Baba's Wee Booties||Tide Turner|
- Ali Baba's Wee Booties were added to the game.
- Added Ali Baba's Wee Booties to the whitelist for Medieval mode.
- Fixed Ali Baba's Wee Booties not drawing correctly on disguised Spies.
October 13, 2011 Patch (Manniversary Update & Sale)
- Fixed Demoman weapons primary/secondary being backwards in the loadout screen.
- [Undocumented] Added Collector's quality.
- Fixed several cosmetic items not cloaking properly for the Spy.
December 22, 2014 Patch (Smissmas 2014)
- Changed attributes:
- Added +25% charge on charge kill.
- [Undocumented] The Ali Baba's Wee Booties now has a 200% increase in turn control rather than 100%.
July 2, 2015 Patch #1 (Gun Mettle Update)
- Changed attributes:
- Added +10% movement speed bonus.
- Changed 25 charge on charge kill to 25 charge on melee kill.
July 7, 2016 Patch #1 (Meet Your Match Update)
- Changed attribute:
- The Ali Baba's Wee Booties now requires a shield to activate any move speed bonus listed on the item.
- If a Spy changes their disguise from a different class to a Demoman wearing either Ali Baba's Wee Booties or the Bootlegger, their disguise weapon will be that of the previous disguise. For example, if they were a Pyro wielding the Degreaser before changing to a Demoman wearing the Booties/Bootlegger, their disguise will still be wielding the Degreaser, but be a Demoman to enemy players.
- Ali Baba's Wee Booties do not appear when inspected from the backpack menu.
- Getting a taunt kill with a melee weapon does not refill the charge meter.
- This item cannot be worn with any cosmetic boots or shoes, as they occupy the same equip region.
- Ali Baba is a fictional character from the story "Ali Baba & the Forty Thieves", a short story featured in the book One Thousand and One Nights, the latter of which was the inspiration for the Demoman's One Thousand and One Demoknights pack.
- The boots are styled after a particular form of shoe curved at the toe that was popular in the Middle East between the twelfth and nineteenth centuries.