Alien Swarm Parasite
The Alien Swarm Parasite is a promotional cosmetic item for all classes. It is a stylized version of an enemy parasite from the game Alien Swarm. The creature attaches to each class's head differently, and sports a limp tail.
When players equipped with this item kill an enemy unassisted by another player, the killfeed shows everyone in Pyroland that the item gets the kill instead, with its custom name if it has one, and the player gets credited with the assist.
This item is awarded to players who complete Alien Swarm achievement Hat Trick by completing two co-op missions online, regardless of difficulty setting.
Complete 2 cooperative missions online. Earns a Team Fortress 2 parasite hat.
- Alien Swarm Parasite was added to the game.
- Fixed this hat not being posed correctly on class loadout panels.
- [Undocumented] Added a community-contributed description for this hat.
- This hat was made paintable.
- [Undocumented] Brain Parasites are now credited as being assisted by the player on unassisted kills.
- If the parasite is shot after falling off its owner's head, it will bleed.
- Additionally, if the parasite is propelled across the floor, it will leave a trail of blood.
- The hat description was written by Grug for the Hat Describing Contest, but was slightly edited by Valve.