Alien Swarm Parasite
The Alien Swarm Parasite is a promotional cosmetic item for all classes. It is based on the Parasite from the video game Alien Swarm; a green creature with six limbs, three white fangs, and a limp tail that attaches itself to the classes' heads.
When players equipped with this item kill an enemy unassisted by another player, the killfeed shows everyone in Pyroland that the item gets the kill instead, with its custom name if it has one, and the player gets credited with the assist.
This item is awarded to players who earn the Alien Swarm achievement Hat Trick by completing two co-op missions online, regardless of difficulty setting.
- The Alien Swarm Parasite was added to the game.
- Fixed Parasite hat not being posed correctly on class loadout panels.
- [Undocumented] Added a community-contributed description for the Alien Swarm Parasite.
- The Alien Swarm Parasite was made paintable.
- [Undocumented] The Alien Swarm Parasite is now credited as being assisted by the player on unassisted kills in Pyroland.
- If the parasite is shot after falling off its owner's head, it bleeds.
- Additionally, if the parasite is propelled across the floor, it leaves a trail of blood.