Aperture Labs Hard Hat
The Aperture Labs Hard Hat is a promotional cosmetic item for all classes. It is a white hard hat, sporting a potato-powered miner's light with a team-colored glow and is connected by two insulated orange wires. The side opposite to the potato sports two pieces of grey electrical tape covering an old Aperture Science logo, which can be uncovered via its style.
This hat was awarded to players who had bought the Potato Sack pack or owned all the games from the pack. It first became available with the April 5, 2011 Patch and could be obtained prior to the release of Portal 2. It was also awarded in Genuine quality to players who bought the Potato Sack Reunion.
|[ classified ]||Aperture Logo|
- [Undocumented] The Aperture Labs Hard Hat was added to the game.
- [Undocumented] The Aperture Labs Hard Hat was made paintable.
- Added style : "Aperture Logo".
- Fixed the Aperture Labs Hard Hat displaying the burning material in DirectX 8.
- [Undocumented] Changed the hat name to Aperture Labs Hard Hat and changed description (previously was [ redacted ]).
- The original name ([ classified ]) was recycled as a style.
- Fixed a paint bug on the Aperture Labs Hard Hat.
- Added the Limited attribute to the Aperture Labs Hard Hat.
- Upon death, the hat will assume the [classified] style, regardless of the style chosen by the player.
- The Aperture Labs Hard Hat can be worn by Atlas and P-body in Portal 2's co-op mode.
- Prior to the Replay Update, the hat's description read "[ redacted ]". Redaction is the act of blanking out sensitive or classified information from a document in order to reduce its classification level for distribution to a wider audience. It is also a running joke within the Portal franchise.
- This hat is a reference to the "potato clock" or "potato battery", a popular science fair project where a potato is used to power a clock or other electronic appliance.
Second banner on Steam advertising, including Portal 2 co-op skins as another bonus.
- Aperture Labs Hard Hat on the Portal Wiki