— The Pyro trying to be spooky
The Apparition's Aspect is a community-created cosmetic item for the Pyro. It causes the Pyro's head to appear as a translucent glowing ghost head.
The Apparition's Aspect was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
Main article: Paint Can
Mouseover cells to preview the images on a dark background. Click on the images to enlarge them.
October 27, 2011 Patch (Very Scary Halloween Special)
- The Apparition's Aspect was added to the game.
December 15, 2011 Patch #1 (Australian Christmas 2011)
- Changed the equip region from "Beard" to "Head Replacement".
- Updated mesh to reduce clipping with many hats.
June 27, 2012 Patch (Pyromania Update)
- Fixed the Apparition's Aspect showing a burning texture in DX8.
July 10, 2013 Patch (Summer Event 2013)
- [Undocumented] Added the Apparition's Aspect to the item drop system.
- [Undocumented] Added Strange quality.
- Updated the materials for the Apparition's Aspect and made it paintable.
- [Undocumented] Updated the backpack image for the Apparition's Aspect.
- [Undocumented] Removed old Apparition's Aspect files.
- Sometimes Paint will not be visible in the loadout screen and in-game.
- An apparition is a supernatural appearance of a ghost or anything paranormal.
The Apparition's Aspect as it appeared in Day Four of the Night of the Living Update.